Retrive client info like name, version and so on...

Moore Tone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm scripting a simple hud, where I need to print some data (using llSetText) on different rows.

My issue is that different viewers (es LL official viewer, FS viewer) uses different params about font size and that make veriy difficult alighn properly text rows with buttons and with hud graphic layout, also if user use the client full-window or  not will introduce more difference on hud layout (shrinking the client's window change the hud dimension but not the font size).

So my questions are:

1)Can I retrive via LSL the which client (LL, FS, etc..) the user is running?

2)Can I retrive via LSL client version?

3)Can I retrive via LSL the font-size value?

4)Can I retrive via LSL if the client is full-screen or not?

5)Can I retrive via LSL client window width and height?

No to all of the above, as far as I know.

With some caveats:-

The first query would be disallowed according to the Shared Experience Third Party Viewer rules. I don't see a reason why the others couldn't be done in an appropriate viewer, using technology similar to Firestorm's 'Bridge'.

The second query (client version) can be done via RLV/RLVa, but since this isn't guaranteed to be used by all users I'm not sure it fits your needs.

The fifth query... I think HUD elements can be resized dependent on the camera perspective/aspect ratio. But not the explicit height and width. I may be wrong here.

No problem!

Continuing query five, I have enquired a little with LSL-brains mightier than my own, and found this:

"It is now possible to find screen width using the new llDetectedTouch* functions. The script below will give the width of the screen in meters by touching anywhere on the visible face, given that the prim is a box with zero rotation and attached at one of the corner HUD attachment points."

Source: http://lslwiki.net/lslwiki/wakka.php?wakka=headsupdisplay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.