Dealing with teleport spam and spammers

Tsai Cheng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I receive frequent teleport spam, everytime from a different throw-away avatar, but all of them are for the same venue in Second Life, a bad-looking adult place with lots of advertisement boards and general uglyness around.

I went there once, to see what it was. After calling them on their spam, I was blocked from going there. They still spam me though..

I am not sure if this action is the kind I can file an Abuse Report on, but I would want to AR the right person for this anyways, since the spam accounts are switched all the time.

Any suggestions or other solutions? Blocking releports by non-friends is not an option for me.

Tsai

.. and document, document, document! Every time you get a teleporting spambot, make sure you copy out that section of your chat log and add it to the top (complete with date/time stamps) of a longer text file you use to collect that information.

Each time you get a new one, file a new AR against the owner of the establishment being advertised .. and include the entirety of your spam log file.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.