I have a free house but can't tp to it. Keep getting asked to choose an app

DomVice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Are you new to Second Life?

Second Life is _not_ a browsergame. You do require a software called "viewer" to be able to enter the world. You usually get offered the SL standart viewer to download during your account creation. Have you declined that?

If you do not have a viewer installed on your computer, install either the standart viewer or one of the allowed third party ones.

https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

• Like 1

If you insist on trying to enter SL from your web browser, you still need to have a SL viewer installed first.  Then, you also need to install a plugin to teach your browser how to direct that URL to a location in world.  Here it is >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/slurl_proxy .  Most of us enter SL by simply clicking on the viewer's icon on the desktop, however.

Next time you are in your home, use World >>> Set Home To Here to create that spot as your default location.  Once you have done that, you can always log in directly to that spot TP directly to there.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to enter using a browser. I have the SL viewer and I know how to set home. None of these were my questions. Windows 10 asks me to select an app to tp to my free house and I have no idea which one to use. Looks like you don't either.

You're right. I have no idea why Windows 10 even knows that you have a house. There's no need for an app to do anything once you are in Second Life. The viewer does it all. The only time you would need an app that your operating system would know about is if you are entering from a web browser. That's why I gave you that response.

Tiresome. I'm getting a message in a pop up to choose the app. SL is open. If you don't know the answer say so, please. You're wrong about the need for an app. i can't get to my house without sorting this out. I am NOT entering from a browser.

Your SL install is botched. The MIME/application types are incorrectly defined. This is why Win 10 is asking you to choose the correct "App" for the MIME/type needed when clicking on various SLURLs and TPing. If you did a Windows 10 Upgrade this can happen easily. A new Windows 10 PC SL Viewer install can be botched as well if there was any interference during the installation of by 3rd party [Hardware Vendor] crap-ware. Perform a clean install of the SecondLife Viewer, but you need to use a product like REVO uninstaller to erase all traces of the damaged MIME/app types in the registry. Install that product first and use it to initiate the SL Viewer uninstall.. Select the default [ ] Moderate clean up option. Windows 10 Upgrades are not doing too well with many gaming software products and graphics drivers for high end GPUs.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3046 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.