Sion Chickens still around?

Anestacia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

EBM5555 wrote:

Now that you brought them up I am curious also.

I wonder what ever happened to them? Maybe someone will be nice and tell us

As far as I am aware, the Sion Chickens were extremely script heavy and caused lag on many lands. There's even today quite a few breedable friendly sims that explicitely state 'no sion chickens' in their covenant. It's the reason most landlords don't want breedables on their land as they fear all of them cause as much lag as the chickens did.

It's also the fact why that ship sunk once word got out that they cause lag.

Actually, that's not true any more.

V1 of the Sionchicken was indeed laggy and caused a lot of pain but most of the lag was caused by people leaving them simply to breed and they would just breed and lag the sim until you ran out of prims.

But V2 cut down the lag to the same as any breedable, even less. And there is a "radio static" that acts as "birth control" so the eggs don't hatch.

Landlords writing "no sionchickens" into covenants is just outdated ignorance -- they've stopped lagging years ago and horses or rabbits or meeros are no different, all breedables lag if too many of them are put on a sim, especially a homestead.

I've had a dozen or more on my homestead with no lag and dozens on a full-prim sim with no lag. You have to avoid putting them in cages which causes collisions as they are on physics and that can be part of lag.

They are still going strong, and you can see them on my Belarus Free Range-Chicken Farm.

I like them better than other breedables because in fact they aren't as demanding or costly. The breedable pack of food for a month is only $1. If you keep an eye on them and don't let them breed and make sure no black scarce chickens get in there which are killers, you won't have to even spend the $90 on healing.

To be sure, they are more fragile than other breedables --  you can't take them back into inventory or they die. But there isn't something like the kittycats with 7 days of sickness you have to wait through and expensive food and complicated breeding.

Amazingly, people still trade the eggs and people still buy eggs from me, imagine. There's even a  more elaborate sion breeding game now with online chickens and robots but I couldn't get it to work, sadly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.