TP issue since installing windows 10

Corinne Cummings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since I installed Windows 10, TP doesn't work anymore. Connecting to other region takes a while and I get disconnected.

I've installed Linden viever and Firestorm, rebooted my modem and the issue remains.

If I login to a certain Region, I can TP (and get tp-ed) within that region. But when TP-ing to another region then I get the "Contaction new region" message and get disconnected after a while.

It all started when I updated to Windows 10

3 answers to this question

Corinne,

The Windows 10 TCP/IP stack forces a reset of all applications that utilize it. When you TP with the Sl Viewer you need this to work flawlessly as you are moving from one Region [iP Address/Port] to another Region [iP Address/Port].

The solution is simple. Perfrom a Clean Install.

OK Do the following:

1) Reinstall SL again using the official version from Linden Lab. [be sure to do a clean install - Instructions are at the link below]

.... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

Here is the Windows 8 Manual System File cleanup procedure since it's not in the procedure above.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and Windows 10

.... 1) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Local and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 2) Open C:\Users\(PC Login Name)\AppData\Roaming and delete the contents of the SecondLife folder.
.... 3) Uninstall Second Life using the Programs and Features tool in the Windows Control Panel.
.... 4) Download and install the latest release of the Second Life Viewer from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/.

Note: (PC Login Name) is the Windows 8 User Account Login Name

If you can't see the files or folders described above:
.... 1) Using File Explorer navigate to -> Libraries / Computer / ( C: ) / Users /
.... 2) Press the Continue button to get permission to obtain permanent permission edit this directory.
.... 3) From the View drop-down menu option select Options & Change Folder & Search Options
.... 4) Select the View Tab
.... 5) Under the Hidden Files and Folders options click on the - O Show hidden files, folders & Drives radio button
.... 6) Push the Apply Button then the OK button.

2) Login using that Viewer and wait for a complete Login and Inventory rebuild.

3) Afterwards, you may use any viewer you prefer but I recommend a clean install of that viewer as well following their instructions.

Macro 2014-03-06 Rev

Hi KarenMichelle,

Thanks a lot for this response. Yes I think the issue lays somewhere in that area.

However a clean install doesn't solve the issue.

I'm a Firestorm user and didn't even have the Linden viewer on my laptop.

A did a clean install of the Firestorm viewer and the issue remained.

Then I downloaded the Linden viewer and installed it from scratch as it wasn't on my laptop before.

And still the issue remained.

My guess is that Windows 10 changes a setting somewhere during upgrading or a conflict arrises with my Norton Internet security FW.

Switching off the Norton "smart FW" doesn't work neither.

Kind Regards

Corinne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.