I am looking for a (free) sitting script to put in a chair that says "there is no room here to sit"

MiriamAnneGwendolyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

...but in the market in scrpts category cannot really make out anything at all. What to take?

Thanks

P.S.  It proved that scripts is a tough one for me to handle for now.  But I definitely learned that I must be careful with the furniture I buy, to have also appropriate animations and often combined combinations.  This one is difficult also, as often one buys a chair with a sitting animation but not an eating one, etc etc.  There are some seriously made sims with let us say luxury accomodations where animations are a treat and a delight,  Everything is functional and many things offer animations imitating rl.  I think that abundance and functionality of animations in environments is real sl luxury and comes after the magnificence and expense of the buildings and attires etc.

Right after animations functionality I think is the landscaping.  So beautifully reflecting the earth's beauty.  Or even imagining other worlds.  The avatars look, (shape and skin) comes afterwards for me.  Spending money there I mean.  Of course I'm not that much in the relashionships thing.

4 answers to this question

If you're asking for a free script there's tons of repositories found with an easy bit of searching~

I'm feeling generous, so here~  a sit script written in 2 minutes:

{
state_entry()
{
    llSetMemoryLimit ( 4096 ) ;
    llSitTarget ( < 0.01 , 0.0 , 0.0 > , ZERO_ROTATION ) ;  // Change 3 numbers to move sit target.
    llSetClickAction( CLICK_ACTION_SIT );
}
}

The script that polysail generously provided should do the job for you.  If you want to put a particular animation into your chair, here is a very simple sit script from the LSL Library, here in the forums >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Basic-Pose-Ball-script/m-p/719317 .  In this script and in polysail's, you will find a line that says

llSitTarget( <0.0, 0.0, 0.01>, ZERO_ROTATION );

That line tells you exactly where the avatar will end up when s/he sits.  As written in the bit I just wrote, that position will be 0.1 m above the center of the chair and facing "forward" (actually, facing in the chair's own +X direction).  You will almost certainly need to change something in that line for your particular chair.  It will take some experimentation, so be bold.  If the rotation needs to be changed, though, you'll need a little help, so find a friend who knows a little about LSL scrfipting.

The "no room to sit" error usually occurs when you've got a piece of furniture that doesn't use poseballs, accommodates more than one sitter, and the furniture is inside the bounding box of another object (near a large sculpted palm tree, for example, or on a region with a "sim surround." 

I won't go into a full technical explanation but, essentially, if there are more sitters than there are sit targets in the object, the simulator can get confused about where you are trying to sit (on the furniture or the sim surround).

If this is the case -- that the furniture will accommodate more than one sitter and it doesn't use poseballs -- then the fix is a simple one.   You just set sit targts in some of the child prims.    The animation script (nPose or AVsitter or PerfectStitter or whatever) won't use them, but they will help the simulator understand what's going on.

Try dropping this script into the furniture.  It will do its work and remove itself.

//put a dummy sit target in all child primsdefault{	state_entry()	{		integer max = llGetNumberOfPrims();		do{			llLinkSitTarget(max,<0.0,0.0,0.1>,ZERO_ROTATION);		}		while(--max>1);		llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());	}}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.