Subscribe-O-Matic - How to get out???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought Subscribe-O-Matic is a wonderful thing: Get news from a shop or a singer or ... without using up the precious (former) 25 groups. I am in dozens of subscriber groups. Now the messages are to many that I get from them.

Easy thing! Just leave the Subscribe-O-Matic group! But oups! The shop (in the last case Tiramisu Designs) removed the Subscribe-O-Matic board but continues to send messages. And the singers remove their boards after each of their performances.

So what to do? Do i have to mute dozens of people to no more get the Subscribe-O-Matic messages? That would mean I will not be able to buy anything in their shops again!

So, where is the central Subscribe-O-Matic terminal wehere i can list all groups i am in and leave them? Nowhere!

But look at this forum and you will see what customers are worth: a dozen forum groups for sellers and none for customers.

I have to ask you to remove the store name. It is agains the TOS to name avatars/stores here.

I was really shocked - I never thought this particular business had such a lousy customer service. I am in the sub-o-matic group myself, and I was sure you had made a mistake, or didn't look well enough. But it is no mistake. The subscribe-o-matic message came from a security orb protected skybox, giving me this message when I tried to unsubscribe:

" Xxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxx's hippoSECURE v 1.6 Marianne Little, I am afraid that XXX (210, 196, 502) is a restricted area. Please leave within the next 10 seconds or i will have to remove you from XXX is closed. Indefinetly.. Many thanks!"

Oh please, this is stupid of you. Generally not smart to remove your subscribe-o-matic. If you restrict your customers to opt out, you don't gain anything. I did send the store CSR an IM, but this should not have to be necessary.

Edited to add: Other forums outside of SL can name and shame merchants if they don't respond to your request.

Dante Tucker wrote:

If you are receiving messages from an automated system with no way to opt out this is considered spam. So make sure to AR all the owners of the systems that keep messaging you. That should make them add a way to opt out fairly quickly.
:)

This!

And in my experience, LL is serious about this ARs.

Got an update - the CSR was responding quick and friendly, stating that she will remove me manually and there is supposed to be a subscribomatic there, but they will move it so it's easier to find. <3

Well, the build was rezzed, I was walking around the desk in the foyer, looking around. Outside of the door, left and right, it was such "What's new in SL" to click on and other Magazines subscribo boards. Maybe the subscribo was in another room? I am used to open local chat and tp to where the message is sent from, if I can't find the subscribo, but that was the sim server. I are used to that Subscribos shall look the same. I don't know if all do, but if some use a custom made one, they should have a floating text over to identify it.

Problem solved here, I think.

• 1 year later...

and how i get in ????

Buy  a item on  marketplace, and they add you unasket to  a subscriber, spam  you with all kind of pictures and notes, and  be just ignored if you ask to be removed , or they use a alt , soon i recive i replay  and  the  avatar is online.

Its sad enough , shure you can  mute them , but the biggest problem of that is  you cant buy  of them anymore on marketplace, and they  not hav e  a store inworld,  the item just not be send, and some do  have nice items i  can use sometimes, easyer to  buy  quick, but i get a bit anoyed if i be add  when i didnt ask , if that is a way to  make youre subscriber list grown its a bad way,

same as i  i wanted unsubscribe from  one and had same problem  as  mention on top, Orb securitys or hided displays you cant reach.........

i  have a feeling alot subscribers be abused that way , and its very  anoyed if you be ignored , even worster if you be added just  like that, makes you wonder if they got nothing else to to as add each custumor with hand , mmmmm

think it wil end in  make a list where i be added UNASKET, mute the owner and never buy any  product anymore of them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.