i made an account but as soon as i tried to teleport to social island it froze

LittlebabyVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I edited some of the graphics to speed the game up but all i did was lower the overall to min and turn off the transparent water. When I tried to go through the portal on Learning island, it said it couldn't teleport me right now, then put me floating above an endless ocean. i couldn't move at all but i was still recieving messages from the game and from other players. I tried to close the window and re-start it, hoping it was just bugging out, but when I tried to re-open, it said my account was unavailable and could be logged into again at 18:11:02 pst. is there mantainence going on right now or something, or is the game just not gonna run on my laptop?

I have a HP probook 4530s btw. Any help would be appreciated. I wanted to play this game a lot when I was younger, but now that I'm of legal age to actually make an account it decides i'm not worthy :")

4 answers to this question

From what I can learn briefly on  line, that laptop is a mid-range machine designed for small business and light home use.  It does have a dedicated graphuc card, which is a plus, but it may not be up to handling SL's heavy graphics load gracefully.  As Bobbie suggests, reducing your Quality and Rendering Distance sliders in Preferences >>> Graphics may help, although you will have less exciting images. 

Your trouble with teleporting suggests that you may also have a connectivity problem.  If you're using a wifi Internet connection, get off of it if you can.  Many people have no trouble at all with wifi, but Linden Lab does not recommend or support it.  Double check your firewall to be sure that it isn't making teleports difficult too. If your firewall is blocking outbound TCP port 12043, then teleporting, viewing the World Map, crossing regions, and related activities won't work. See Using Second Life with a firewall for more information.

• Like 1

The Intel HD Graphics 3000 subsystem is very entry level and not suited to use with any advanced gaming program, I agree with the others who have stated that you are having connectivity issues as well. Don't use wireless. Use a Cat5 cable directly plugged into your router and try again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.