In need of some help, would be greatly appreciated.

Dranandor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Computer Specs.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz

System Type

64-bit Operating System, x64-Based Proceessor

4.00 GB RAM
------------------

Anyways, onto my question. I'm having issues with Second Life. I was first using Firestorm and thing's were fine for awhile until a few years later where things began to lag and the Textures / Objects. So, I had removed Firestorm and ended up turning to Second Life Viewer. Which was working for almost a month now until it began to do the same exact thing. For example, Trees stay in zig zag lines, Grass is squared and zig zagged. Flat prims are squares/circles with grey textures. Avatar stays a white cloud til awhile after. Then the avatar has some objects loaded with the textures but most textures stay a solid color or blurry. It's becoming really annoying to deal with and I would really like some help if possible.

-------------------

Preference Settings:

https://gyazo.com/3d48ddbe30d8290a6d55e70ba98979a6

if go to Help \ About SecondLife \ Info and copypasta the info here, then will give us a better idea of what might be the issue:

heres mine for example to give you a idea of what we looking for:

Second Life 4.0.0 (308641) Dec  4 2015 12:20:51 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (3400.03 MHz)
Memory: 16318 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit  (Build 9200) compatibility mode. real ver: 10.0 (Build 10011)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 660/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 10.18.0013.5850
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 358.50

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.38.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1h zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.31
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.4.0-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1800

My guess, based on what you've given, is slow texture download. That'd explain the grey objects, blurred textures, and distorted objects (especially if they are sculpts, which load their shape parameters as a texture). I've had this problem to a lesser extent, and recently it seems worse. Having a fast, wired connection helps, but it's no guarantee. I can stream 1080 video flawlessly 99% of the time, but SL texture dowload is still relatively slow and unreliable. The problem might not be at your end.

If you're connecting by WiFi, switch to a wired connection. If your connection *is* the weak link, reduce the load on it as much as possible. Don't stream/download anything on other apps, and try switching off sound & media streaming in SL.

Reducing your draw distance to under 100m could help somewhat - the fewer textures to download, the faster it should happen. A lower particle setting probably wouldn't hurt, either. If you wear a complex HUD, particularly those for some mesh bodies, removing it can improve texture swapping/loading problems. Some of them have multiple large textures which cause problems.

You don't specify your texture cache size, but I've read recommendations to set it as large as possible. I don't know what the current thinking is on how much is enough, but I'm sure someone will show up with an opinion.

In the end I'm making a lot of guesses based on limited information, but it's all worth trying.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.