The group invite is spam?

Jules1979

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello!

In last days the users can't join, leave and create groups at nights. This is a big problem for us. The group is money the advertisments are money. If I send a group invite is this spam? If the groups are not working good, what can I do?

Thank you the answers,

Jules

Freya Mokusei: Is the group invite messaging or just a command?

12 answers to this question

Thanks your help. I am a correct user but with mistakes. I sent a group invite some users. How can I correct this mistake. I don't want spamming.

So the group invite is spam. How can I invite the users to my group if they can't join to the group?

Group invites sent in the past are done. Can't be changed - you have already spammed them.

To answer your updated question (whether Group Invites are messages or commands) - it doesn't matter because those were my terms, not Linden Lab's, and you're probably playing semantics with this. Group invites sent in the way you're doing are definitely spam, as Linden Lab defines spam.

I still don't understand why they can't join your group. Please note that I won't help you in continuing to break Second Life's Community Standards.

Some questions, please answer them all if you want further assistance:-
Why can't they join the group when invited?
Do they receive an error message?
Can they join the group via Search?
Can you provide the name of the group?

Why can't they join the group when invited?

When the greeter send a popup for them, they can't join because the system is laggy (Tested from Hungary and from Puerto Rico).

Do they receive an error message?

No error message, just we can't join, leave, create groups.

Can they join the group via Search?

The search is working, the website is working good. In the viewer the groups commands doesn't work good, because the system is very slow.

Can you provide the name of the group?

It's not relevant, all groups. Link: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Controls/Created-a-group-but-it-is-not-showing-me-as-the-creator-or/qaq-p/2984699

1. "the system is laggy" is not... helpful, I don't expect you can tell where the latency is present within the systems. Please explain the actual conditions - is the 'Join' button greyed out or non-existant?
3 & 4. So this is an issue with how groups work for you in SL. Which viewer are you using?

Try the latest standard Second Life viewer. This is available from http://get.secondlife.com
If the standard viewer doesn't work any differently, you should create a BUG report at http://jira.secondlife.com

Please remember that only the standard Second Life viewer is supported by LL. All other viewers are third-party, and bugs for them should be reported to their respective operators.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.