New MP Picture and Link to not Christmas items!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL now have a picture on the MP with a snowman scene saying 'Have some holiday fun shop for all your favorite winter decorations' with a button that says shop decor that takes you to home and garden decor section of the MP, i see people have started moving Christmas items to that section already!

Why is it not linked to the celebrations--->>>>Holidays------->> Christmas listings?

I ask you are these people in the LL  commerce team just nuts or stupids?

Maybe I should start flagging items that are now in the wrong category^^

Edit to add, I have opened a support ticket I recommend anyone that thinks this is an issue also submit a support ticket!

Phoebe Avro wrote:

LL now have a picture on the MP with a snowman scene saying 'Have some holiday fun shop for all your favorite winter decorations' with a button that says shop decor that takes you to home and garden decor section of the MP, i see people have started moving Christmas items to that section already!

Why is it not linked to the celebrations--->>>>Holidays------->> Christmas listings?

Because it's for... "winter decorations"?

Not everyone celebrates Christmas, ya know...

With that logic, not everyone exeperiences winter either :P  But it is clearly stating "Holiday Fun" and yes winter "Decorations" ... LL has made an attempt to be politically corrected by omitting any reference to Christmas which in itself is an afront to the billions of people who do celebrate Christmas but the Inference is obviously Christmas!  And I would be willing to wager there are more people in SL celebrating Christmas than those who do not...

Farthington Whetmore wrote:

With that logic, not everyone exeperiences winter either
:P

Whether it gets cold at a particular latitude or not, everyone "experiences" winter. And not everyone experiences it at the same time of the year.

But it is clearly stating
"Holiday Fun"
and yes winter "Decorations" ...

And Christmas is not the only winter (winter for those us in the Northern hemisphere...) holiday.

LL has made an attempt to be politically corrected by omitting any reference to Christmas which in itself is anafront to the billions of people who do celebrate Christmas...

LOL! Do you also use the AFAs Naughty or Nice list to guide you to where you should do your holiday shopping?

lol i just knew some one would say that but it says 'Holiday', now if you know of any other winter holidays that are celebrated please do list them? and yeh pagan i guess^^

I have received a reply from my support ticked agreeing with me and the Linden is going to advise the MP team to change it to a relevant place!

• Moderators

Hi All!

While we appreciate spirited discussion, we ask that you remain respectful to each other.

We are aware of the discussion on this thread, and the concerns that have been raised.  

I would like to point out though that the Marketplace Banner is directing everyone to Winter decorations, not Christmas Decorations.

The Home and Garden - Decor category encompasses a wide range of products for both inside and outside the home.

If you are aware of products that have been placed into that category and sub-categories that are not appropriate, please use the Flag this item link on the listing so that we can address the issue with the seller as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

Just a thought to pass along, Dakota -- as you know, in SL, people are wild about decorating for the season or holiday. Even St. Patrick's Day gets celebrated.  I save "Winter" for January, since there is nothing else in that month. December is dedicated to Christmas/Hannukah and New Years. (I have had ppl ask if I will make Christmas furniture and houses.)  Christmas is of course the huge one, and there is overlap with Winter (snow, etc) so anyone wanting to skip Christrmas and go straight to Winter will find plenty of stuff anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.