I think someone has sent me stolen lindens?

Dessicated Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

It might indeed be stolen, but it also might be from a friendly resident who has more L$ than he knows what to do with (or maybe more holiday spirit).  The way to cover yourself, just in case, is to submit a support case (or an Abuse Report -- you decide) to Linden Lab.  Copy all information about the gift from theTransaction History on your dashboard.  Include all of that information in the support case.  If Linden Lab decides to take the money, you're not out anything, since it wasn't yours to begin with.  If they say it's OK, then you have a paper trail to protect yourself in case the surprise gifter claims that you stole money from him.   In the meanwhile, keep the L$ and wait.  Do not send it to anyone at Linden Lab.

Rolig is quite correct.  And in fact, some griefers have used the fact that receivers of stolen $L can get their account put on hold at best, and deleted at worst, by Linden Lab, to get innocent people in trouble.  However, the amount you have been given, $L75, is about $0.30 in real money.  You will almost certainly not get in trouble over such a trivial amount.  LL only takes action on much more significant amounts, like, say, $L10,000.  If you had gotten a very large gift like that from a stranger, I would definitely follow Rolig's advice.  I'm not sure I would worry about just $L75.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.