Sign in to follow this  
Becabecca

Faith of a slave in Gor

I'm just curious what typically happens to a girl playing slave in Gor? If coming into Gor with a Master she gets to know. Is it more likely she gets sold and sold and captured fast? Is it a high risk? And yes, I know this is individual, but I'm just curious what tends to typically happen. Some master/slave relationships can get deep.

This is all my personal experience, obviously. I should preface by saying I've not been active on "Gor sims" for a couple of years, though I'm still not a million miles away from the action. I'm also not one for suffering under rules dictated by fragile egos or boring societal norms, so your milage may vary.

The concise bit: Slavery in Gor is very very very rarely about commoditization and sale. Capture is usually an excuse to trade, arrange a raid or just to show off about how badly the other team lost.

Many Gor-types respect what is referred to as a Limits Pick. A Pick (on the 'Picks' tab of your profile) written to state what you are and aren't into. A typical Limits Pick might read something like:-

• Straight only
  • No capture longer than 3 days
  • No death/gore - prefer to Fade To Black (FTB) violent RPs
  • etc.

Note that some of these requests are considered more reasonable than others. For me, personally, I prefer fewer limits and most of my RP partners have negative opinions about those who constrain RP in this way. But many do, and you're welcome to do so as well. The end point of RP is fun - if you're not having fun and can't at least get into the 'struggle' of character development, then moving on and ending the scene is probably a good way to go.

Remember that many people who play SL are looking for relationships. This doesn't change inside of Gor, and is respected just as well as anywhere else online (you'll probably always encounter jerks). If you have an exclusive monogamous relationship (or have other things you don't want to RP) you can put something in your Limits Pick and - aside from the sorts of people who'd ignore such things anyway - you shouldn't have too much trouble.

I've personally never seen a slave get sold without the owner wanting to sell them - very commonly other terms are attached where a relationship exists (e.g., temporary times, rules, boundaries). I've only seen one implementation of a collar system where "running away" wasn't designed in (meaning the collar would be scrap, but it's still technically possible), and in the event that something went wrong, running away and leaving the RP is always possible. As is being able to log out.

Again, this can vary heavily depending on where and who you RP with. While Gor sims aren't as plentiful as they used to be there's usually other options around, and if one sim is jerky about what's allowed then there will be other places that are happy to have you. Or you can start your own interpretation of Gor, and do entirely as you please!

Be well!

Great answer from Freya. The short version is, if you aren't traveling around Gor on your own, and your Master doesn't want to get rid of you, it's just not going to happen.

There are two exceptions to this that I can think of. One, if you play in a pirate or panther-oriented sim, or two, if you wind up in one of the few sims that make a point of disrespecting other sims' property. In the first case, your capture or sale will be temporary and you can probably figure something out in IMs. In the second case, just log out if things go sour.

Before getting too involved in any part of SL Gor, read at least 3-4 of the early books. Then go get yourself some training. My preference is Port Haifa, but many sims have good slavers who will get you up to speed. There are other training sims that are probably good too. 

Alessandro Nakamori wrote:

Before getting too involved in any part of SL Gor, read at least 3-4 of the early books. Then go get your brain washed out with bleach.

FIFY!

***Call me when your cognitive functions have returned to near-normal.