Stupid Landing points! - help please.

EBM5555

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes, on a sim I will try to use a Landmark to tp. But, instead of taking me to where the LM is marked I get sent back to what I assume is the Landing Point on that sim. Even trying to move by double clicking will result in being moved back to the landing point. However, I don't see others on the sim complaing, sometimes it seems like it is just me. Do I need to change something in my settings to fix this? 

The "double click to move there" feature is actually shorthand for "teleport me to there". Any teleports on a Parcel with a Landing Point set will send you to the Landing Point instead. I've only had success getting the actual Land Owner to circumvent that rule.

Land Owner can be either an individual Avatar, or if the Parcel is deeded to a Group, the Group can be the Land Owner. For Group owned land, anyone in the Group can be allowed the ability to TP without landing at the Landing Point only. Roles and Abilities will be your guide there.

Christin73 wrote:

Funny how LMs are done. Like yesterday I tped into a pirate sim and landed in the water lol.

You think that is bad?

I've been to places where the tp point was inside the walls.

And once I tried to visit a store that was inside a closed skybox high in the air with the tp point outside the box.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.