if you owe linens can you take it out of another account

lillydexler2015

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Only indirectly, I think.

That is, you would need to sell the L$, cash them out, and then, when the US$ you received for the L$ arrive in your PayPal account, send them to the account that's locked.

There's no mechanism of which I'm aware to transfer US$ between accounts, and neither can you give the L$ to the locked account and ask LL to sell them for you and pay off the debt that way.

• Like 1

If the other account is yours, why not?  One resident can always pay another one, even if both of them are in fact the same person in RL.  If you are trying to pay a debt to Linden Lab, though, please remember that the Lab will not accept payment in L$. (See the TOS, Sect. 4.5: "You acknowledge that Linden Dollars are not real currency or any type of financial instrument and are not redeemable for any sum of money from Linden Lab at any time.")  You will need to sell the L$ to other residents on the Linden Exchange and then pay Linden Lab with US $.

• Like 2

But she wants "to get [her] account back," which suggests to me it's been locked for non-payment.

If that's the case, giving L$ to the delinquent account won't do any good -- she won't be able to convert it to L$ to pay off the debt to LL because the account will remain locked until that debt is repaid.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.