Maitreya and the Neck thing

RavenSkye Waverider

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know there are a couple threads on this but none of them work for me so hoping to get more info or help here.

I have a furry av, added skins via omega, turned on the neck fix... because if I don't use the neck fix then I have this deaded line of mismatching going on. I put the neck at 0 size but tried others too. 

Without the neck fix I have this on my neck

It seems to fit weird. Not worried about back as hair will cover it really but... when I use th eneck fix to correct the neck blending textures, I get this

That thick dark black area, rest of the texture is fine, doesn't even around as my head is odd but, it fixes the front that will be seen without hair around it BUT.. that tick black area I can't seem to get rid of. It onlyh appears when I turn the neck fix ON. Can't adjust shape, as the mesh body is fitmesh, nothing I seem to be able to do fixes it. I didnt think of this issue when I tried the demo and checked it out. Loved this mesh body but feel I may have wasted money and have to go back to the basic avatar (which I dread lol)

Advice would be wonderful or a fix, this is nuts

RavenSkye Waverider wrote:

I know there are a couple threads on this but none of them work for me so hoping to get more info or help here.

I have a furry av, added skins via omega, turned on the neck fix... because if I don't use the neck fix then I have this deaded line of mismatching going on. I put the neck at 0 size but tried others too. 

Without the neck fix I have this on my neck

Screenshot_51.png

It seems to fit weird. Not worried about back as hair will cover it really but... when I use th eneck fix to correct the neck blending textures, I get this

Screenshot_50.png

That thick dark black area, rest of the texture is fine, doesn't even around as my head is odd but, it fixes the front that will be seen without hair around it BUT.. that tick black area I can't seem to get rid of. It onlyh appears when I turn the neck fix ON. Can't adjust shape, as the mesh body is fitmesh, nothing I seem to be able to do fixes it. I didnt think of this issue when I tried the demo and checked it out. Loved this mesh body but feel I may have wasted money and have to go back to the basic avatar (which I dread lol)

Advice would be wonderful or a fix, this is nuts

The problem isn't with the neck size, it's with the body fat size. Necks will only match correctly with certain body fat shape settings and then the body has to be set to use that size from the HUD. Check with your body maker to see what fat settings are supported.

The "neck fix" uses a semi-transparent "sleeve." With advanced lighting on it's going to react badly because partially transparent textures react to light differently than fully opaque ones. Turning advanced lighting off may help what you see but that may not work for someone else seeing your avatar.

Changing the body fat size doesn't seem to change anything (tried). Advanced lighting should be fine othrwise, someone just isnt doing it right. Shouldn't have to lower my graphics in order to look at myself or have someone else look, that's just silly.

Basically though, that dark area is the neck pushing through, its only the one section of the 3 parts in the neck area

Question...do you have a skin on the default body underneath? One thing that I've found, especially wearing a mesh head with a mesh bod, is that they don't quite fit together because the alpha for the body and the alpha for the head don't quite meet up. Go to your library and get the full body alpha and try that and see if that fixes the problem.

With prim parts removed, have invisible avatar masks on

Its as if when the neck fix is turned on, it's opverlapping another part. I tried just for testing sake to even use the default body shape that with the mesh body by getting a new one out of the package originally came with, same difference.

Neck fix turned off here, discolor goes away

Will send this info to the creator too, was just hoping someone had a fix for this before I have to not wear it at all and be out of the money I spent :/

I tried one of the default skins on the hud, and I cant see this issue...

The default skins in the Maitreya HUD use an alpha channel on the neck fix sleeve to 'blend it'. Omega does not allow any alpha on the skin.  That's the diffrence you noted between the Omega Applier and the preloaded skins.

Since you made an Omega applier, it seems you own the textures for your skin, I'd suggest putting them into a Maitreya skin applier and use the download link provided in the kit to make a proper neck fix texture.

The Maitreya Skin Dev kit is available at no charge in the main store on teh Lara display, upper right corner.

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2015 at 0:36 AM, Gryphon Ronas said:

I tried one of the default skins on the hud, and I cant see this issue...

The default skins in the Maitreya HUD use an alpha channel on the neck fix sleeve to 'blend it'. Omega does not allow any alpha on the skin.  That's the diffrence you noted between the Omega Applier and the preloaded skins.

Since you made an Omega applier, it seems you own the textures for your skin, I'd suggest putting them into a Maitreya skin applier and use the download link provided in the kit to make a proper neck fix texture.

The Maitreya Skin Dev kit is available at no charge in the main store on teh Lara display, upper right corner.

I had this same problem but around the top of my head and i have no idea on how to get rid of it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.