i have not been able to download the latest version of SL. i am a Premium member. Help me

Damona Rookswood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have not been able to download the latest version of SL,When i tried to a mesage came up that read  go to www.secondlife.com, I am a premium member. and have been a member of SL for 6years. I have been using firestorm and have downloaded their latest version with major problems an exsessive lag. i have an imac computer. why can i not download your latest version and firestorm as well i really need SL as i had a major stroke 8 years ago my husband bought me the computer just for SL, for me to have and make friends it has been an important part of my life. please help me with this,,,, thank you so much.  i have had problems in the past with everytime a new upgrade comes along Help!

2 answers to this question

You didn't say what sort of computer you have, but it sounds like it may no longer meet the minimum requirements for running a SL viewer.  If you are running your Mac with an operating system that is older than OS X10.7, you will need to upgrade it in order to run any of the current viewers.

If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

Make sure you do a clean install--- 

If you dont do a clean install then you will get more errors and lag

CLICK here for the way to do a REAL clean install

http://www.firestormviewer.org/ttt-clean-install-the-easy-way/

As i agree with Miss ROLIG-- your comouter may not meet SL requirements....IF you can ADD to this thread and NOT make a new one of your computer's settings...

you can do that by going on your viewer and CLICK HELP>>> them ABOUT FIRESTORM (copy and paste the information there) in to the ADDION of this thread...it REALLY helps us help you  --- 

ALSO CLICK HERE to see if you meet SL minimum requirements https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

OR....

one suggestion is to try version 4.7.3.37323....OR go back to the firestorm viewer you had work for you before

I hope that helps you

HUGS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.