Sign in to follow this  
CadenzaInVivace

Unable to join or leave groups

It's been like almost half a year and there's still no sign of a fix yet, wtf? Simply put randomly you're unable to join and/or leave groups. Attempting to join will pop the "you've successfully joined XXX group", but server-side you didn't, so you can literally press "join" 1000 times and nothing will happen. Leaving the group will either do absolutely nothing, or say "unable to leave group, ejectee not in group".

Before the problem was fixed if you relog. Now? Relog does nothing. Somehow I ended up in 43/42 groups with -1 remaining, unable to leave any group. If I tried I could literally join 100 groups with -58 slots remaining because the server even manages to f*ck up the group count.

This has probably already been suggested somewhere, but have you tried going to Advanced > Clear group cache?

*Ctrl-Alt-D to enable Advanced menu*

Gotta love how the JIRA's status is "need more info". What more "info" is needed? "Unable to join or leave groups" is too hard for LL to understand?

(btw clearing group cache does nothing)

1. Clicking join group, says "group joined", but nothing happens

2. Clicking leave group, says group left, but nothing happens

3. Relog

4. Clicking join group, says "group joined", but nothing happens

5. Clicking leave group, says group left, but nothing happens

6. Relog

7. Clicking leave group, says ejectee not in group

8. Group is displayed as joined but cannot view notices, attempting to leave gives "ejectee not in group". Cannot rejoin group because there's no "join" button since I've "already joined it"

Are LL servers having some kind of meltdown?? This is the type of **bleep** you'd expect from a server managed by a 2-person indie video game team who tried to bite more they can chew with a MMO.

CadenzaInVivace wrote:

Gotta love how the JIRA's status is "need more info". What more "info" is needed? "Unable to join or leave groups" is too hard for LL to understand?

The JIRA is set at "Needs more info" so anyone can comment on it. That JIRA issue is actually a duplicate of an internal JIRA issue but if it was closed as a duplicate or accepted or set to "Info provided" then comments would be locked for everyone apart from the filer & Lindens.