How much are the fees for a 3072m² parcel?

Makilon Preez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Consult the land fees table on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Land Manager >>> Land Use FeesYou will see that 3072 sq m is more than 2048 sq m and less than 4096 sq m, so your monthly land fees for a Mainland parcel that size will be $15.00.  If you are a Premium member and have not used your land fee waiver (on a Linden Home, for example), then you can subtract $5 from that, since the waiver covers fees for the first 512 sq m you own on the mainland.  If you are considering a parcel in a private region, all bets are off.  You will have to ask the owner of the region what your fees will be.

In any case, of course, those monthly fees do not include the initial purchase price of the land.

EDIT:  Pay attention to Lindal's comment.  I misread the table myself.  :smileyembarrassed:

I have to correct Rolig, although she's right in principle.

The tier for up to 2048 sq. m. is $15 USD per month, and if you own more than that but less than 4096, it goes up to $25 per month.

But you have to add in the "free" 512 sq. m. allowance.  So, you could actually own 2048+512 = 2560 sq. m. for $15 per month.

Not enough to get us down from $25 to $15!  But let's try another trick.  Form a group.  Invite your own alt to the group to keep it from being deleted for having too few members.  Now wear the group tag and buy the land for the group.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus.  So, by doing this, we can own as much as (2048+512) x 1.10 = 2816 sq. m. for $15 per month.

Drat.  Your 3072 m2 will cost you $25 USD per month.  However, you can buy MORE land, up to (4096+512) x 1.10 = 5068 m2 without increasing your tier.  You could rent part of this out to another resident to help cover your tier cost.

All of the above applies only to Mainland.  If you get a parcel on a private estate, you pay whatever the estate owner charges.  However, you don't need to be a Premium member to do that, so you could save some money there (I think Premium is worth it for other reasons, though...that will have to be your call.)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.