Missing Item Names

LadyPetunias Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here is how I add a product:

1. I create a new Item Folder in Marketplace Listings in my viewer. I name it properly.

2. I create a folder in my main Inventory and put all the product parts in it. I then name it with the desired Folder Name as it will appear in a Buyer's inventory.

3. I right-click and copy the new folder in Inventory and ...

4. Move to Marketplace Listings to Paste the copied folder into the Item Folder created in step #1

I have only had it lose my product folder name once .. so far. If you slightly change your procedure, sometimes you can get more reliable results. It comes from the programmer expecting you to follow a specific path. When you choose a different path, sometimes the SLM doesn't get the hint.

LadyPetunias Audion wrote:

I have tried that in the past and it is way too slow for me to do that way.

I'm not sure if this will help in this particular case but it is a good general tip to merchants: If you need to edit a listing, do not go to the Manage Listings page. Instead, go to your MP store and open the pages for the items you want to edit from there. That way you avoid at least one of the many huge time sinks in the listing/editing process.

It's a known bug, LadyPetunias.  The Commerce Team knows about it, there is a JIRA that was accepted, but it is still broken.  Happens to me all the time and it's really frustrating.

Basically, when you go to fill in the listing under "Edit", you'll see the "SL Folder Name" just above where you're supposed to enter the "Item Title".  Just copy/paste the folder name into the blank Item title field (and add anything else you want in the listing name).  Then go ahead and fill out the rest of the listing.  If you do feel curious, when these names go missing, they usually end up in one of the other language fields.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

... when these names go missing, they usually end up in one of the other language fields.

Srsly?!? *facepalm* The last time one of my DB updates went that far sideways, I edited a query in about 30 seconds, tested the fix in about 10 seconds .. and pushed out the update under a minute end-to-end.

Yeah, I'm a lot more tightly welded to my code than LL's people are to theirs .. but still .. data that winds up in the wrong fields? That's a rookie flub/fix.

Thank you to the both of you for replying. I will fill out what needs to be filled out.

I love texturing and the creative process but the tedium of getting stuff ready to up load pictures etc...for store and the MP drive me nutty and is painful for me.. and for this to happen UGH! sighs I guess we will see what happens may be years from now when they totally revamp the MP and we get a whole new set of bugs! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.