"Login Failed. The system is logging you out right now. Your account will not be available until."

CreativeNaomi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot log back in. I was fine then crashed and when I tried to log back in I got "Login Failed. The system is logging you out right now. Your account will not be available until 2015-12-04 05:03:50 Pacific Time."

There is no reason as to why this is happening and what purpose will come from doing so. Help please.

11 answers to this question

No, not ghosting.  That really was an ancient problem, related to technology that is no longer around.  The "problem" that the OP posted about (two years ago) is not really a problem at all.  As I pointed out then, it takes the servers a few minutes to clean up when you crash unexpectedly.  Until they finish removing your previous login from the files, they can't let you log back in.  So they send you that message if you try.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 3

That's nothing to worry about at all.  When you crash, the servers don't have time to log you out gracefully.  Since you are not truly logged out yet, they can't let you log back in again until they have cleaned up the mess.  So they tell you to wait.  Usually, the wait period is quite short -- a minute or so -- but if things got really screwed up, it can take longer.  Go make yourself a cup of tea, or do sit ups for a couple of minutes.  You can probably use a break.

When you get that, it's also possible you have ghosted....a term used for when you are still partially connected. Keep trying to log back in as quickly as you can. You'll get back in within about 5 minutes. If you don't...keep on trying to log in. If you are ghosted you have a short window when your account actually isn't logged in to SL when you can get in and knock the ghost off.

Good luck.

On 12/4/2015 at 6:53 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Bobbie, they say that they fixed the "ghosted" avatar problem more than a year ago. Have you seen any instances of this bug recently? I haven't.

I have only seen this 'ghosted' when a user gets disconnected. Their avatar may hang around for a couple of minutes before poofing. I can sort of tell when someone I am interacting with is about to poof.

I haven't seen the old time ghosts that used to hang around for days (until the regions restarted) and blocked you from entering the region in subsequent logins.

...and WAY more than a year ago.

• Like 1

Rolig Loon. I see, sorry for the confusion. Ive been in SL since 2009 and remember the ghosting you speak of, it happened to me a lot back then, I assumed it was doing the same thing.  Thanks for your response. I think I understand it a little better now ?

Sorry for the late reply, least its not  quite as late as 2 years eh?? ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DejaVuRain said:

Rolig Loon. I see, sorry for the confusion. Ive been in SL since 2009 and remember the ghosting you speak of, it happened to me a lot back then, I assumed it was doing the same thing.  Thanks for your response. I think I understand it a little better now ?

Sorry for the late reply, least its not  quite as late as 2 years eh?? ??

Peeps in ..... goes back to sleep ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.