I'm in Australia, I can't purchase lindens when I do it says there was a error with paypal.

Sevene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm in Australia, I can't purchase lindens when I do it says there was a error with paypal. I'm trying to sell my lindens and it just says my trading limit is 0. So, I've researched and found out that I'll need to purchase some lindens inorder to verify myself.

Do i need to try to purchase lindens with a credit card not paypal?

Am I unable to do this because I am in Australia?

Is there any way I can increase my trading limits without buying lindens?

My aaccount is payment verified but my billing information is not present - it is verifed because i bought stuff from marketplace

thank you

1 answer to this question

Your trading limits on a new account are initially low, as you have discovered:

Limits start to rise as soon as you have used your account for the first time. Since you're not allowed to sell L$ until you've been in SL for a week (see the table above), that means your first action has to be a purchase.  The minimum is L$500, which is close to $2.00 USD, but it makes sense to buy more if you can.  Every time you buy, you are charged $0.30 USD for the transaction, regardless of its size.  On a percentage basis, that's an extra 15% of a L$500 purchase but only 3% of a L$2500 purchase.

You can buy with any approved method (credit card, PayPal, or Skrill) once your method is registered.  If you're having trouble with PayPal, it may be because you do not have enough cash in the PayPal account to cover the transaction.  A PayPal account must be verified by Linden Lab and must be backed by either a credit card or a bank account as the secondary source.  If yours is backed by a bank account, however, the PayPal account must have enough cash in it for an instantaneous transfer.

You can indeed increase your trading limits without buying L$, but it's hardly worth the effort.  It takes at least 5 business days to review and approve a request, and a simple L$ purchase will increase your limits in 8 days.  If you want to try, though, just submit a support case under the category Billing >> LindeX Billing and Trading Limts Review Request.

Finally, being in Australia probably has very little to do with your trouble.  I have had many friends from Oz over the years, and few have had problems buying and selling L$ that I know of. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.