I'm unable to rez any furniture inside my new "Linden Home." I get an error message. Help?

Spaanky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just upgraded my account and went to my new home. I can't rez any furniture. The system says "Can't rez object because the owner of this land does not allow it. Use the land tool to see land ownership."

Since I bought a premium account and I DO own the land, why can't I rez?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Actually, Governor Linden owns the land and you rent it, but that's a technicality.  As far as rights to create objects are concerned, you are the owner.  :smileywink:    When you get that message, it can mean that you are trying to rez something that is large enough that it laps onto your neighbor's parcel.  The trick is to rez objects in the middle of your house and then move them to wherever you want them later.  You may also get that message sometimes when you try to rez something on top of a mesh object that has an ill-defined physics shape.  The servers get confused and can't decide where you mean to rez the object, so they refuse to do it at all.  That's not generally a problem in a Linden Home, but it might happen if you try to rez something on a mesh sofa, for example.  Finally, if you have created a group and set your house to the group, you can get that error if have forgotten to wear the group tag while editing and rezzing.  In that case, the servers aren't sure that you are the authorized owner.

I find that I'm less likely to receive this error when I try rezzing the object on the floor right next to where I'm standing.  

It's when I try to rez something on a wall or across the room or yard from where I'm standing that I'm more likely to get this this message.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3068 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.