LODs name matching issue...

Friday Calamity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, 

I'm trying to use the lods name matching feature without success, maybe there's something I'm doing wrong...

I have created a simple box and duplicated it 5 times, just removing some faces to make the lods and phys shapes. Applying same material to them, only one material. Rename them accordingly: _LOD2, _LOD1, _LOD0, _PHYS.

However, when I attemp to upload the file, the uploader complains with: Error: Material of model is not a subset of reference model.

I would appreciate any advise you could give me about it.

Thanks.

I'm using the lastest second life viewer and lastest firestorm, both show the same error.

At what point in the upload process do you see the error message? Can you let us see the dae files by putting them somewhere accessible? That would be the easiest way to see what the problem is. When you say you renamed them, did you use the original name with those suffixes ("aname", "aname_LOD2" etc.), or just the suffix ("aname", "_LOD2", etc.; since that's what you wrote)?

First of all thanks for taking the time and respond to me.

Yes, I do use the suffixes as you can see in the files I will post here. The error appears just after I hit the button for calculate the LI weights and cost.

This link will offer you the blend and dae files.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B37m_mcAasapdDhGV1dpX2RfbHc&usp=sharing 

Thanks in advance.

Ah. I think you have misunderstood the instructions for the new naming convention. You have put all the objects in the same dae file. This isn't how it works. Each LOD has to have its object(s) has to be in a separate file. So you use the "Selected only" option in the Blender exporter for each object. Then you use the high LOD ("Cube") to open the uploader. Then for each LOD in the main tab, you select "Load From File" and then "Browse" to select the file with the appropriate object. So, for example, this might be a file "cube_lod2.dae" that contains just the "Cube_LOD2" object, and so on. Similarly, you upload the physics object dae file on the Physics tab of the uploader dialog.

If you have more than one object in th high LOD model, then you can apply the naming scheme to each object and export all the high LOD meshes to one file, all the "x_LOD2" lehes to the next file etc. The naming scheme will then make sure the right meshes are associated between the LODs (and phsysics).

Note that you don't have to use the naming scheme (at least the last time I tested it). If you don't, then the code is supposed to fall back to the old syatem where the objects are associated by their order in each file. In Blender you can control that order by using the "Sort by object name" exporter option (but then you have to avoid the "_LODx" suffixes completely). The naming scheme was introduced to deal with errors that people often encountered with incorrect association of multiple meshes in different LOD files, including the mismatched material error. So if you are starting from scratch, it's probably a good idea to use the naming scheme.

I notice that the meshes in your dae file don't contain any material (The uploader looks for a "material" attribute in the <polylist> tag).  You need to create a new material and assign it to all faces of the meshes (to start with), although I think it should still work without it because the uploader should assign a default material.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.