Mesh clothes creation

Prodijay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I'm looking for someone who teaches secondlife mesh creating tutorial classes please do not, link YouTube videos I've tried those and I prefer someone who can teach me personally inworld, so if you know someone or institution please leave the landmarks below or give me tips on how I should do this.

Haven Ditko used to give some excellent mesh clothes classes when she was running the Ditko University. I'm not sure if she holds those classes anymore but she is back teaching at the Happy Hippsters so you might ask there. (Sorry have no landmark, search for the group in-world.)

Prodijay wrote:

Hello I'm looking for someone who teaches secondlife mesh creating tutorial classes please do not, link YouTube videos I've tried those and I prefer someone who can teach me personally inworld, so if you know someone or institution please leave the landmarks below or give me tips on how I should do this.

I'm going to ask because, since there are no inworld building tools that apply here, what do you expect to have as an experience inworld on how to use tools on someone's PC?

What am I missing here?

Sassy Romano wrote:

What am I missing here?

An opportunity perhaps?

But don't feel bad about it, so does LL and they've done it over and over again. ;)

Done the right way, SL can be a very effective tool for remote teaching even on subjects not related to SL itself at all.

Remote teaching... Wrong place to discuss but given that SL has no native support for something as basic as PowerPoint, let alone screen sharing, whiteboard, voting, Q&A etc. Plus requires a hefty client and underlying hardware, versus just about every proper distance learning tool which only requires a browser, I suspect we'll differ on opinion here :)

THIS was a hugely missed opportunity on LL's part when trying to pitch at educational establishments.

Starting with the right educational tools would have been a start.

A new thread though eh? :)

Sassy Romano wrote:

A new thread though eh?
:)

Maybe but it won't be me starting it.

But as a professional teacher I can assure you that we already have reasonably adequate substitutes for all the tools you mentioned (only the whiteboard/blackboard is really essential anyway) plus a few advantages you won't get with an html page or Skype.

ChinRey wrote:

Sassy Romano wrote:

A new thread though eh?
:)

Maybe but it won't be me starting it.

But as a professional teacher I can assure you that we already have reasonably adequate substitutes for all the tools you mentioned (only the whiteboard/blackboard is really essential anyway) plus a few advantages you won't get with an html page or Skype.

If you have Skype and Blender, then you have a great whiteboard. With Blender's grease pencil, you get alot more than just a whiteboard too.

As far as SL, imagine if you could share your screen on a prim and anyone could see it. Now that would be something cool.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

If you have Skype and Blender, then you have a great whiteboard. With Blender's grease pencil, you get alot more than just a whiteboard too.

Oh there are lots of other electronic media that are vastly superior to Second Life when it comes to emulating traditional educational tools. Second Life doesn't stand a chance there.

But there have never been any creative attempts to use the possibilities unique to Second Life for education. Except for a few scattered private inititaives that went unnoticed by anybody in a position to develop them properly.

But this is way off topic and besides, I'm sure everybody on the forum have had more than enough of my rants by now, so I suggest we leave it at that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3053 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.