WHY LINDEN LAB SUPPORT SUCKS?

Dr Lyric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was hacked 3 times, I can't remember how many dollars I've lost because of LINDEN LAB BASTARDS, they never help me to get my accounts back, their support are made of stupid teenagers and they're only interested in steal my money, I am the only one who never get a good feedback of LL? Recently i've forgot my password, so I decided play SECOND LIFE AGAIN but they want to know the exatcly name of my friends in second life, seriously? I WAS NOT PLAYING THIS **bleep** FOR 3 YEARS AND YOU GUYS WANT ME TO KNOW THE NAME OF EVERYONE?????? **bleep** YOU why don't you guys ask me for some dollars? it's better than steal peoples!!!

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

If you have been hacked three times, you're doing something wrong.  Some basic security measures:

• Check your computer for viruses and malware using at least two different programs.  Schedule a regular scan of your computer
  • Don't click on links that people give you in chat, group chat, IMs or email.  If you DO use a link you are given to access a website, be SURE it is an actual Linden Lab web site before you enter your user name and password!  Phishing is the most common means of having your account compromised.
  • Change your password frequently, and don't check the "remember my password" box on the login screen.

If you read the Terms of Service, YOU are responsible for your account and for anything that is done with it.  If your account is compromised, you must immediately notify LL.  See this link: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

If you forget your password AND your registered email address AND the answer to your Secret Question, LL will insist on some information to prove that you are actually the person you say you are before they will let you reset your password and access your account.  Providing the names of your Friends is one way to do this.  However, you can explain, via a support case, that you don't have this information.  LL will then ask you to provide other proof of identity, such as a scan of your drivers license or birth certificate.

Next time, write your essential information down somewhere and keep it safe, to avoid this hassle.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.