My SL Viewer does not work.

LiaBeza

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My SL Viewer does not work. It runs but it shows nothing. It keeps the image of whatever is below it, like a blank page. Plus, it freezes my PC. Can i do something to fix it?

This is an edition:  My SL viewer opens, but it looks like a frame and i can see my desktop image through it. It's like it's not there. That's what i meant.

I have checked the system requirements and i'm good. I have no problem with that part.

And yes... I was logged in. I 'm not that fool :-P

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Hi LiaBeza,

It's difficult to suggest remedies without knowing more about your computer. Come back to your question and give us more information. We'll want to know if you're on a PC or Mac, which operating system you use, the kind of CPU and graphics hardware you have, RAM etc. On a Mac, you can find that by selecting "About this Mac" from the Apple menu.

You can edit your question via the Options dropdown over there on the right.

Without knowing more, I'll presume that you're using a PC. I can only suggest that you make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. SL needs a lot of graphics horsepower. Old PCs, particularly those without dedicated graphics hardware, are sometimes unable to run SL.

Here are the minimum system requirements...

https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/

Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm not sure what this means >> " It runs but it shows nothing. It keeps the image of whatever is below it, like a blank page. "   So, it shows nothing, but it has an image?  How can it show a blank page that has an image on it?  It either shows something or it doesn't.  And what is "below it"?  From your description, I can't even tell whether you are using a viewer and are logging in.   If you want to provide extra information or need to clarify your question, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do not start a new thread. Doing that makes it hard for us to see what other people have already suggested, and it pushes other residents' questions off the page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.