Voice chat isn't working for my region for days

manssorameer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have asked other people in second life if the same problem . (that the can't connect to the voice chat )

and everyone have that proplem in my region , Im from soudi arabia , and what is sad  is that no one from the second life support told me about this , Maybe they don't know yet , so please tell them , that we are facing problem so they fix it ,as soon as they can ..

6 answers to this question

not want to give you some lame answer, but this is asked several times the last days, it's even just a few posts below yours.

Perhaps read there.

We are not LL employees here, we can fix nothing. we only can give advises at userside problems. We'r no eperts on all issues, but mostly one or more will reply to quesitons.

• Like 2

Can appreciate that this issue is frustrating for you and your countryfolk but this is not LL's problem - LL don't manage much of the Voice system, it's operated and hosted by Vivox.

It's established that restrictions upon the Internet in your locale may limit some communications functionality. I see several articles reporting that other Voice-Over-IP services (e.g. Skype, Whats App, and Viber) may be banned within your country. This would also likely cover Vivox, but this is probably a task for yourself to discover as local language search results may prove more plentiful. If this is truly the case, you should look to resolve this issue within your country (e.g. contact your ISP).

I'm sure you've been told this already, but to repeat a common sentiment here: Linden Lab staff do not come here and will not be alerted to your problem by using the Answers service.

Best of luck.

• Like 4

Freya is correct in regards to many known issues using Vivox Voice Services. [not VirWox]

A general test to perform is whether well known global DNS server clusters can access www.vivox.com.

Using this utility - https://www.nexcess.net/resources/tools/global-dns-checker/?h=www.vivox.com&t=A

It is clear that the access to Vivox in general is working globally.

However, various individual ISPs may be interfering with the UDP & TCP traffic flowing to and from the server farms. I tested Vivox from here in the USA and using the Resource Monitor found that I was assigned to and being serviced by the ser5ba.vivox.com voice server. It worked for me correctly.

My SLVoice was using services on port 6168 from an IP address in New York [66.151.237.123] and from Vivox Server [ser5ba.vivox.com] located in places unknown since the 3rd level domain name does not respond to pings, which is probably smart for a voice packet server.

You may be able to use the Windows Resource Monitor to see where your voice service packets are being sent and where the Received Traffic, specifically remains Zero.

You may want to download this Release Canadate of the Classic SL Viewer

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.8.7.307744

It specifically addresses the following in-world Voice Issues:

Green bk.jpg
CheckMark.png

Release Notes

This corrects a number of Voice quality and connection issues on both Windows and the Mac. If you are having any difficulties with voice, please try this viewer and let us know if this does not help by filing a Jira. Be sure to include the version number for this viewer in your report (because any voice issues that don't will just be asked to try this viewer).

Green bk.jpg
CheckMark.png

Resolved Issues

• MAINT-4477 SLVoice process continues after logout
  • MAINT-4600 Some Residents using Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0009.20030 have constant problems with voice breaking up and voice quality. This does not reproduce on the previous voice versions 4.5.0009.1786 or 3.2.0002.104265
  • MAINT-4911 After teleporting from Region A to Region B, voice sometimes stays connected to local voice chat on Region A until you relog
  • MAINT-5049 Avatar Loses the Voice Dot
  • MAINT-5050 Buddy and Group WARNING in Secondlife.log
  • MAINT-5051 VivoxProtocolParser WARNING messages in logs
  • MAINT-5053 The Sound and Media Setting Panel Does Work as Expected for Voice Device Tunning
  • MAINT-5061 Voice calls unavailable in viewer 3.7.27.300324
  • MAINT-5190 [Vivox 4.6.0017.21209] SLVoice crash on USB device change
  • STORM-2109 Avatar Does not leave previous area voice during a race condition
  • VOICE-2 VIVOX acting up
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.