It is possible to "auto-run"?

zantsuken

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

There IS a way, sort of.  Ignore those other silly (but highly amusing) answers from my friends Rolig and KarenMichelle.

First, if you insist on running everywhere, hit CTRL+R.  Now your avatar should always run instead of walk when you press the arrow keys.  I do not recomment this, you understand.  You will see a lot more of SL if you stroll slowly.  Constant running marks you as an immigrant from the videogaming world, where getting through levels speedily is a goal.  SL doesn't HAVE levels, so slow down and enjoy the view!

Second, open your Preferences, CTRL+P.  Look in the  Move & View tab.  Change the pulldown menu itme "Single click on land" to "Move to clicked point".  Hit OK to apply the new setting and close the Preferences window.

Now, all you need to do to run anywhere is to click on the ground at the spot you want to run to.  Be sure that there isn't anything in the way, though, or you may get stuck.

Again, I do not recommend any of this personally.  When I need to move quickly, I either fly, or I use the "Teleport to clicked point" option in Move and View.  It's faster and less likely to get you stuck trying to walk through a wall.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3058 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.