I made an Object with 3Dmax to upload it in second life if there is problem do i have to pay again ?

gihan123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am doing a project on 3ds Max 2016 and I will export the file with extension DAE (COLLADA file) to upload it in second life.

I have in my account L$100.

The question is if I upload my project in second life and I found that I need to change something in the modelling. After that, I need to upload the project again in second life.

Did I pay again for uploaded the project after the correction?

This is the first time to upload project in second life. Please I need your help and support.

4 answers to this question

Yes, you have to pay for each upload.

If you are new to uploading mesh, you really should use the Beta Grid to do free test uploads. 100 Lindens is only enough for ten uploads and you will need to do far more tests than that before you have sorted out even the most basic quirks and peculiarities of SL mesh.

Edit: Crucial link for all new mesh makers:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/bd-p/Mesh

Browse through as many of the old posts as you can manage and don't hesitate to start new threads when you have problems with you mesh uploads!

• Like 2

You can do test uploads of mesh (and textures, and anything else!) on the Beta Grid.  And it's FREE!

Although it may not look like it's free.  When you log in to the Beta Grid, you'll see that you have a $L balance.  But this is "play money."  The balance shown has nothing to do with your real $L account.  When you upload content, you'll be "charged" the upload fee, but this won't affect your "real" balance.

Be sure your viewer preferences are set to allow you to log in to the Beta Grid. 

In the stock viewer, the setting is in Preferences/Advanced, check "Show Grid Selection at login."

In Firestorm, the setting is in Preferences/Advanced tab, check "Allow login to other grids."

With this setting enabled, you'll see an additional drop down button on your login page that lets you select the grid you want to use.  The LL viewer will only show two choices.  Firestorm will show a whole bunch of them, but the one you want is "Second Life Beta".

In addition to these settings, you will want to be sure you have met all the requirements to upload Mesh.  See this link: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Uploading-a-mesh-model/ta-p/974185

• Like 2

The BETA, Preview, or ADITI Grid is the testing grid for Second Life. See the SL Wiki: Preview Grid.

You will find you are given free Lindens on that grid. They periodically replinish automatically. You can also file a support ticket if you run out to get more. Or at the Sever Beta User Group meeting on Thursday you can ask a Linden there for more L$.

Right now, Nov 2015, the grid inventory update is not working well. Typically your inventory updates in ADITI whenever you change your password. Your main grid, AGNI, inventory overwrites your ADITI inventory, when things are working correctly. It takes somewhere between 6 hours to 48 hours for the update to start. When seems to depend on several factors; load and time of day, inventory size... etc.

Smaller inventories are better and have fewer problems. So, some of us use an alternate avatar for the preview grid.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3081 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.