Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family not working on Windows 10

nae8ean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) when i click the sl viewer it say i need to reinstall or my graphic driver is outdated but it is the latest version for windows 10 can't login and play inworld Q_Q please fix this issue to support my driver version: 8.15.10.2702 on windows 10 Q_Q

Actual system specifications would be more helpful: CPU, GPU and RAM.

The details you've given "Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset " suggest a laptop, quite likely with built-in graphics. This probably doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running SL.

nae8ean wrote:

...please fix this issue to support my driver version: 8.15.10.2702 on windows 10 Q_Q

If you're expecting LL to read this forum you are mistaken. This is a users' forum and LL barely even look in. Even if they did. don't expect them to patch SL to make it work on your specific system any time soon.

nae8ean wrote:

i have Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) when i click the sl viewer it say i need to reinstall or my graphic driver is outdated but it is the latest version for windows 10 can't login and play inworld Q_Q please fix this issue to support my driver version: 8.15.10.2702 on windows 10 Q_Q

That technology us ancient Nae8ean.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/4m

Further it is not suported in Windows 10. other than for general use graphics by an older driver. The 3D part of that graphics Subsystem family is not supported at all in Windows 10.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81507/Graphics-Drivers-for-Mobile-Intel-4-Series-Express-Chipset-Family

Even if it was it's 3D passmark score would be 42.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Mobile+Intel+45+Express

Intel has all but abandoned this Graphics Processing Family. Linden Lab can;t breathe life back into it.

It's time for a new PC I'm afraid.

If you have a tower PC with that tech in it you may be able to add a discrete Graphics card and extend the life of that PC a year longer. If it is a lappy, you really have no options other than to return it back to Windows 7, the last OS that a driver was designed designed to support.

I used to run Second Life with an Intel graphic card in an old laptop, not with all the Second Life graphics at max but it did, maybe if you download the graphic driver from here http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/graphics/4m you can run SL.

the default drivers that Microsoft provides ( WDDM ) are very basic and not prepared for 3D, with the drivers provided by Intel you may be able to run SL.

• 5 years later...
2 hours ago, Marcus Nieves said:

Do it, works

I know it did .. back in 2013 !! Actually ran it on a Asus EEE PC back then which had the GMA 950 and it was done with a hack, but only with low settings and no more than 10 FPS max in a low prim count area.

csm_asusPC1000.jpg.3ef939a188778dd519a798bd25d55f86.jpg

Since then many other features have been introduced in SL ( meshes, etc ), so I don' t think these mobile chips can run SL anymore at all.  The system this was asked for probably had been scrapped and most certainly has no more warranty.

Since 6 years this thread remained dormant. You are sure the OP has any use of this information since posting it ? Probably this account is no longer active in SL ... :|

threadnecromancyns1nf0.thumb.jpg.3462e815f18e8faef8f6b0815539c772.jpg

Edited by TDD123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.