Article accidentally leaked officially unreleased details about Sansar and future of Linden Lab

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Having been invested [in both time and $$] in the Blue Mars conundrum, these pictures look amazingly like NOTHING. They look to be one of any number of screens from existing gaming platform environments and/or from Blue Mars. If these were rendered using the existing new viewer for Sansar and its built in image capture capability then Well Done.

However I'm feeling like these may be more closely akin to images rendered on a production art department server and a folder titled "Sales Promotion Photos".

I'd be more impressed if I saw that image captured on screen verifying the Sansar Viewer was rendering it.

P.S. As for Lighting Models, the Blue Mars work and it's Lighting/Shadowing engine was incredible.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

in a previous SL life, was the creation of a one-prim storm.  

Alas, I set it adrift at sIte on a blazing raft with my previous avatar.

In a previous SL life my crowning achievement was the creation of a multi-dimensional Storm.  You tried to set me adrift on a blazing raft as well, but in the end you failed.  

Were you jealous or just not so sure of yourself?  Rhetorical.  

Sassy Romano wrote:

Dear LL spokesperson...

"performant "

NO SUCH WORD!

Yes there is. It's French and means "performer" (when used as a substantive) or "performing" (when used as an adjective). The first recorded use of it in English dates back as far as to 1847.

In modern computer tech lingo it generally means "adequate" - that is nothing spectacular but good enough to keep.

Not in Oxford English dictionary and I know it means a performer but it remains a made up misused word now touted inappropriately in tech circles because someone somewhere thought it sounded neat.

I suspect the same person insured they got payed each month but wouldn't know why that was wrong either.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Not in Oxford English dictionary and I know it means a performer but it remains a made up misused word now touted inappropriately in tech circles because someone somewhere thought it sounded neat.

Which is exactly how new words or new meanings for old words come into existence.  Language is fluid.

...Dres

ChinRey wrote:

In modern computer tech lingo it generally means "adequate" - that is nothing spectacular but good enough to keep.

It's great to be held in such high esteem. I think we already guessed that we were in maintenance mode.

Although why this has to be such a Super Sekrit thing, I have no idea. The last time they wanted to keep their powder dry for a release was Viewer 2, where by the time they let alpha testers in, decisions were already made. Testing groups loved it, users hated it.

Out with it LL, don't be shy now. Two screenshots don't even count as a peck on the cheek..

not bad if its true....though some of those models look low res. 

lets just hope its not VR only. and that it is not laggy as heck. the problem is the whole server system needs to be overhalled.

i hope it will do well and will be a step foward and not giant steps back. We will see........wish theyd release more info. i really hate when a lot of projects are "kept secret" for a long time.  I support open development and i wish they would be more forthcoming about the new system. I guess "in time".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.