graphics are too slow after win10

Fritter Enzyme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got a used laptop, Asus i7, Nvidia Geforce gt 550m, went from win7 to 10. All seemed good with SL.  Nvidia updated, and added Nvidia Experience.  Things seemed slow and different.  Not better.  Then I got a 10 update that took away my start button and any connetivity to the internet.  I rolled back the update and things went back the way they were.  Took the update again, and the same thing happened.  I went back to factory settings, and SL is way too slow, teleportation fails often.  I don't move when I try or stop when I want.  All this with the latested Firestorm.  Tried earlier versions of that and Singularity.  Low graphic settings help but it isn't worth being on like this.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Fritter

Fritter,

That laptop and it's Nvidia Geforce gt 550m graphics subsystem is a nice bit of hardware for Business and Business graphics. While the PassMark rating for that GS is 740 it is still considered the bottom of the barrel in the Nvidia graphics pantheon of hardware.

Try this driver from Nvidia... http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86512/en-us

Also, many times poor performance is to be expected after a Windows 10 upgrade. You should also try the System Refresh Option where your Laptop OS of Windows 10 is reinstalled as if it was a new install and all your data is preserved.

Fritter Enzyme wrote:

I got a used laptop, Asus i7, Nvidia Geforce gt 550m, went from win7 to 10. All seemed good with SL.  Nvidia updated, and added Nvidia Experience.  Things seemed slow and different.  Not better.  Then I got a 10 update that took away my start button and any connetivity to the internet.  I rolled back the update and things went back the way they were.  Took the update again, and the same thing happened.  I went back to factory settings, and SL is way too slow, teleportation fails often.  I don't move when I try or stop when I want.  All this with the latested Firestorm.  Tried earlier versions of that and Singularity.  Low graphic settings help but it isn't worth being on like this. 
Any ideas?

Thanks

Fritter

Yes. Post your question in the Technical Forum rather than cluttering up this General Discussions one.

***Call me compassionate to those who deserve it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.