How can I make my avatar's shins invisible, but no other part?

Scorp0

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been trying out some "furry" avatars (I think that's what people call them), but when I try to use a special shaped shin, I can see the regular avatar's leg as well. Here's what I'm talking about:

https://i.gyazo.com/6f6da45503c62913501b9acb77807cc6.gif

What I'd like to do is make the shin invisible, or at least get it to mold to the avatar's shape. I have no experience with these things except using them, so I don't know how to edit it to make it work.

4 answers to this question

Hi Scorp0,

The furry legs you're wearing should have come with an alpha layer(s) and perhaps a notecard with instructions for putting everything on. Alpha layers are system clothing bits that make certain parts of the avatar transparent. Check the folder in which all the avatar bits were unpacked to see if there are alpha layer items there. If not, contact the creator.

• Like 1

You may also be trying to wear an outdated Furry avatar that still relies on "invisiprims" to hide the legs, rather than the newer alpha layer method. Currient viewers can't see the invisiprim effect any more, which relied on an unsupported (but widely used) glitch in the system coding.

An alpha layer designed for one of the newer furry avatars can often be used with the old invisiprim-based ones to hide the shins as you want to do. Many avatar makers include those alpha layers in their demo versions of their avatars, and the free demo copy of the alpha layer can be re-used as I suggested. So find a similar newly made avatar, get the demo of it if you can, and try that as a solution.

For what it's worth, while there ae a lot of older furry avatars out there for free these days, the newer ones that you pay for are much better quality. Avatar makers that have upgraded their work a lot sometimes make their older versions full perms freebies, as do some avatar makers who decide to go out of the business. From the problem you are having, it sounds like you're dealing with one of those older freebie furry avatars.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.