How do I restore my items back after pressing return to owner button

Halfcolombian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had abandon my linden home, and before I did that I went into About Land> Objects> and hit return to parcel owner button to return my items in my inventory. I got a message saying they were returned but when I llooked the items arent there. How can I fix this or do I have to buy new stuff for my home.

1 answer to this question

That was probably not a smart thing to do.  When you return everything in a lump, that's what you get ... a lump.  There's a coalesced object in your inventory, probably with an unfamiliar name.  It has an icon that looks like a small stack of boxes.  That's a package with EVERYTHING in it, not linked.  The only way to get individual objects back out again is to rez the entire object.  That's best done in a sandbox, preferably right in the middle of a vacant sandbox, so that you don't end up with your stuff mixed in with someone else's.  Open your editor (CTRL + 3) first, so that you have some control over the coalesced object while it's still all together.  That way, if some of the things rez underground or inside something else, you can move the entire object at once.

Read more at https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Building-tips/ta-p/700041#Section_.1 and next time, pick up all your things one at a time.  :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.