Project Sansar - What i expect

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How i use a keyboard if i have a Virtual Reality Headset on my face?

I just can't.

That means that the final user in Project Sansar will not use a keyboard or a mouse.

Eventually you will use Project Sansar on your Sammsung Gear VR or With Oculus Rift and a gamepad.

This if you really want people to use a Virtual Reality Headset, because only few people know how to write on a keyboard without watching, this is no matter.

Which are the implications of this asset?

I don't think there is actually an easy way to create contents, meshes, models inside Project Sansar without a mouse and a keyboard unless Linden Labs want to implement Razer Hydra inside their viewer for creating content.

That's insane, because a keyboard and a mouse costs no more than 20$ but Razer Hydra costs 550$
And nobody, NOBODY will pay that much to create just inside Project Sansar.

What that means? That means that the cool content will be created using "just" a PC, Maya or Blender and we will can use Project Sansar without a VR-headset.

Virtual reality it's for the final user, not for the creator.
But for making it works on Project Sansar, Linden Lab will be forced to make it good on a standard PC too.

Lucky me i still can use my computer and not buy another thing to make it work.

I expect i can create Non-player characters (NPC) with bones structure that i can animate.

Yes because i'm tired of laggy movements of Second Life rezzed NPC, it just kills all the fun.
I want that a Sansar experience looks like a standard videogame, with NPC with smooth movements and with a mesh body like every else videogame.

The most boring thing in SL is that actually the things you can do are not that much, unless you like poseballs i mean, that can be fun the first time, but in time you get bored of it.

Instead if i can script a NPC made with a rigged mesh, i can actually create a lot of fun, and a more videgame like experience.

RPG experiences, FPS experiences and platform too, all in Project Sansar with this easy addon. And goodbye consoles.

Other expectations on my blog: http://projectsansar.blogspot.it/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.