Only one avatar never loads for me!

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Viewer 2, the latest, and since a couple of weeks there is only one avatar (a friend I see online everyday) that will never load for me, she always stays grey and I only see the prims she wears (half boots, sleeves, her hair and such).
Sometimes it is better: then she is just blurry all over. But never sharp!

I only have that with her, the rest of SL population is perfectly loaded for me.

Others see her perfectly normal!

I have cleared cache, re-installed viewer and all, but for some reason she keeps being a grey skinned lady, or blurred.

(when she rebakes, on my request, it does not help!)

Is this an issue on my side, and if so: what can I do?

Additional info, in case it helps:

Me: desktop, windows7 64 bits, viewer2

She: Laptop, imprudence viewer

(and till a coupe of weeks ago this did not happen)

ETA: it is solved, she logged into V2 for the first time in her Slife and after that she looks normal as usual, no more grey or blurry, even when she is back to her TPV.....

(gave the solution to this to the long string of comments under the answer of Peewee)

Okaaay.....I promised to get back, and do this in this string of comments :)

So, I saw her tonight...all grey etc. We did rebake, unticked http textures, renderunloaded in debugs....all the options mentioned in here and NOTHING helped.

Then I got her to log in with V2 for the first time of her life, for something else I wanted to show her ....ahem... and you know: ALL SOLVED.

Then she got back to her precious TPV (Imprudence) and I still see her good and sharp, so whatever it was....her logging into V2 for once did the trick!

LOL Excellent!!!!! & very interesting, thankyou so much for coming back with that update, that could be just the answer that helps someone else. I shall add it to my list of "try this".

I wonder what v2 did to her & how many others are affected by never having logged in there & don`t even know it lol :)

@Peewee, it is odd indeed.

To add more info ( you never know who can use it..) tonight while we were busy with all this, I asked other friends around us (they always saw her normal, I was really the only one seeing her grey/blurred) what viewers they use, it became clear that I am the only one in the group that uses V2. The rest is on different viewers as Imprudence, Phoenix and Rainbow (?). I just never bothered to ask around about viewers, thinking it was something in my PC or settings!

So maybe it has to do with a 'connection' between V2 and others, I really can't think of something else at this point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.