Sign in to follow this  
Caitlin Tobias

Only one avatar never loads for me!

Question

Well no, I am on viewer 2 since it came out and never had issues with it, this is happening since a couple of weeks.

I would rather not change viewer for one avatar, if there may be a solution for this.

RenderUnloadedAvatar will not solve OP's problem, it will only cause her to see any avatar that has not loaded to be rendered as a gray naked Ruth instead of a white cloud.

Hi Peewee, yeah, did that. It only helps for the session I stay logged in. Next login (she or me) she is all grey/blurry again....:(

Odd eh? Why only her? lol!

@George you are correct that it does not work to fix unloaded avatars such as clouds or Ruth, but in cases where everyone except one person can see the avatar as loaded it can help.

@Peewee, nope rebake turns her from completely grey to very blurry (but coloured), so still not great...

(I tried rebake myself, let her rebake..clear cache and login next to her on same spot...nothing changes..)

It might be her and not you and she doesn't realize it. sounds like she is having slow internet connection issues. Find out from others around you if they also fail to see her fully loaded.

@ Caitlin what graphics card do you have and is she your friend with the highest ARC? I hope you know where Advanced Rendering Cost is on that viewer lol...My guess would be Advanced or Developers menu, Rendering >Info Displays. Is hers in the 1000s?

Its been a long time since I used the official LL viewer but in Kirsten's "Avatar" Render Cost is under the Me menu, there is a short cut for it. arrg and I just uninstalled it a few days ago and can't remember exactly what it's labeled as.

@Peewee, thanks so much for thinking with me!

I have a ATI Radeon 4850 HD, and no she has no high ARC. Her connection is good as well, we are katana-fighters and do all we can to have as less ARC/prims/scripts and such as possible when fighting, her speed (and mine) are fine (I may add she is even faster than me at times this whole thing does not affect our game). FPS perfect for fighting. We keep ARC;s always under 1000 (around 700-800) specially for our game. It is really a mystery for us!

I cant say something changed on my pc when this started, I have not switched ISP, only use V2, did not install any software/hardware, do not run othere programs when in SL (even close internet/msn/photoshop and all, for the sake of the fights...) and one day..this came up.

OK there are a couple of things that cause weirdness with ATI cards sometimes, so may as well try them both as this definately comes under the weirdness heading lol.

Disable VBO - In preferences / graphics / hardware

If that doesn`t help

Disable HTTP GetTextures (in developers menu I think) and relog

If neither of those work, we can look at maybe some things she can try in case you are seeing "better" than everyone else as opposed to worse & she maybe has a fault no one else is seeing.

@Peewee, thanksagain,. I will give those option a go when I am inworld next time! I have to say, thinking about her and her avatar....about a year ago, waaayyyy before this issue with me came up, she has had her avatar "repaired" by Linden Lab. Dont know exactly what was the case, but she could not login for some hours and got an email from LL that her avatar had been located and taken over for 'repairs'. Back then, we laughed about it and declared her all newborn and stuff, as a joke and never gave it much thought. But coming to think of it...maybe she still has a broken avatar ? ( if that exist?) Whoa!

If those 2 things don`t wrok to improve your view get her to do a character test if she doesn`t mind.

Developers menu > Avatar > Character test > Test female

on a side note, I do not find this format of "ask a question - and reading answers/comments" intuitive at all...I am not a geek, nor am I a noob. Been there, done it on forums and message boards, but I wonder if this whole system is as user-friendly as it is supposed to be....

Join the club lol....Its a nightmare to try to follow some threads as all the OP`s additional info is hidden in comments...LL are looking at ways to improve it, so fingerscrossed ;)

• Like 1