Only one avatar never loads for me!

Caitlin Tobias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use Viewer 2, the latest, and since a couple of weeks there is only one avatar (a friend I see online everyday) that will never load for me, she always stays grey and I only see the prims she wears (half boots, sleeves, her hair and such).
Sometimes it is better: then she is just blurry all over. But never sharp!

I only have that with her, the rest of SL population is perfectly loaded for me.

Others see her perfectly normal!

I have cleared cache, re-installed viewer and all, but for some reason she keeps being a grey skinned lady, or blurred.

(when she rebakes, on my request, it does not help!)

Is this an issue on my side, and if so: what can I do?

Additional info, in case it helps:

Me: desktop, windows7 64 bits, viewer2

She: Laptop, imprudence viewer

(and till a coupe of weeks ago this did not happen)

ETA: it is solved, she logged into V2 for the first time in her Slife and after that she looks normal as usual, no more grey or blurry, even when she is back to her TPV.....

(gave the solution to this to the long string of comments under the answer of Peewee)

@Peewee, thanks so much for thinking with me!

I have a ATI Radeon 4850 HD, and no she has no high ARC. Her connection is good as well, we are katana-fighters and do all we can to have as less ARC/prims/scripts and such as possible when fighting, her speed (and mine) are fine (I may add she is even faster than me at times this whole thing does not affect our game). FPS perfect for fighting. We keep ARC;s always under 1000 (around 700-800) specially for our game. It is really a mystery for us!

I cant say something changed on my pc when this started, I have not switched ISP, only use V2, did not install any software/hardware, do not run othere programs when in SL (even close internet/msn/photoshop and all, for the sake of the fights...) and one day..this came up.

OK there are a couple of things that cause weirdness with ATI cards sometimes, so may as well try them both as this definately comes under the weirdness heading lol.

Disable VBO - In preferences / graphics / hardware

If that doesn`t help

Disable HTTP GetTextures (in developers menu I think) and relog

If neither of those work, we can look at maybe some things she can try in case you are seeing "better" than everyone else as opposed to worse & she maybe has a fault no one else is seeing.

@Peewee, thanksagain,. I will give those option a go when I am inworld next time! I have to say, thinking about her and her avatar....about a year ago, waaayyyy before this issue with me came up, she has had her avatar "repaired" by Linden Lab. Dont know exactly what was the case, but she could not login for some hours and got an email from LL that her avatar had been located and taken over for 'repairs'. Back then, we laughed about it and declared her all newborn and stuff, as a joke and never gave it much thought. But coming to think of it...maybe she still has a broken avatar ? ( if that exist?) Whoa!

on a side note, I do not find this format of "ask a question - and reading answers/comments" intuitive at all...I am not a geek, nor am I a noob. Been there, done it on forums and message boards, but I wonder if this whole system is as user-friendly as it is supposed to be....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.