how i can find real log ??

drweather

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi ....i have change my real log ( IM conversation history )  with a person from my pc ...so i guess  what i have in my pc is not real log( IM conversation history )   ...SL must have log history ...i need that real log with that person because i need to show that ...i can give to a administrator that person name to give me real log ..is verry important to get that real log ( IM conversation history ) ....thank you in advance

1 answer to this question

Linden Lab will not give you a copy of their logs, never.

If you log your chat and IM history yourself, it is a bad, bad idea to edit those logs.  If you are using the log as evidence to support an Abuse Report, LL will always check it against their own logs.  If it appears that you've edited the log to make the other person look bad, you yourself will be in Big Trouble.

If you used the edited log to share with a third person to make someone look bad, then you violated the Terms of Service.  Logs may not be shared with any third parties unless everyone involved agrees.

I would suggest that, if you need to Abuse Report someone, and don't have an accurate conversation log (because you didn't log it or you deleted the log file or edited it,) simply file the AR without the log, but be sure to include the time, date, location, and name(s) of all the avatars involved.  LL will use their own logs to investigate the incident.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.