When i copy items, they turn into links automatically. Why? And how can I stop that from happening?

Jarr155

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Jarr,

Unfortunately, you've not provided enough information for me to have any confidence I understand what's going wrong...

• Are you using the official SL Viewer?
  • Are you referring to copy/past in the inventory window?
  • Are you pasting into the "Outfits" folder?

If the answer to all those questions is yes, that's the reason you're getting links and not actual copies. By default, Outfit folders only contain links to things, not the things themselves.

If you're using a third-party viewer, or have set "InventoryLinking" to TRUE in Debug Settings, you can paste copies as links anywhere. But you must select "Paste as link" from the drop down menu, so it should be clear that's what you're doing.

If I've misunderstood your problem, come back to your question and edit it via "Options" over there on the right.

Good luck!

• Like 1

As Maddy says, the most probable causes are that you are using the "Paste as Link" command instead of "Paste", or that you are pasting into your Outfits folder.  ALL the items in Outfits are Links!  Or, maybe you are actually COPYING a Link, rather than the actual item?  If so, the result will be another Link.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.