Land sale not going through

Peony Sweetwater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings all,

I'm trying to purchase some mainland that I plan to add to my existing store plot. I have sufficient linden to make the sale, and enough tier to cover the land...I have all green ticks in the land purchase box. When I click "purchase" the popup comes up to ask if I'm sure I want to pay money to the land-selling group and I click "okay". Then nothing!

I've check on the status update and can't see any current issues in SL...anyone know if I'm missing something? I've tried a relog and even went to the official viewer to see if it made a difference. Still...nothing...and no additional land!

I've tried contacting the group that currently holds the land, but I can't find out how to contact a group when "nobody" is listed as the group owner.

Any thoughts?

Peony Sweetwater wrote:

...when "nobody" is listed as the group owner.

This is may be a shot in the dark but maybe that's the reason? The system is unable to process the transaction because there's nobody to send the payment to?

I suggest you file a support ticket about it. The most likely explanation is that the land is abandoned but not registered as such. It happens all the time and if you already own land bordering to the parcel, you should be able to buy it right away from LL.

I agree that this is going to require a ticket.

I'm guessing it's this parcel, and the owning group links to a defunct page. In-world, a partially loaded profile for the group makes it appear that anyone can join, but trying I get "Error processing your group membership request." I'll bet the group was disbanded for lack of members but the land still lurks, needing to be reclaimed. If so, it's hard to tell if the Lab will just let you buy it from them (maybe for L$1 / sq.m?) or set it to auction (starting bids at L$0.5). Or, possibly, fix a bad group database record, which seems unlikely.

AWFUL Bluebird wrote:

There would never be a situation where owner of land is not declared e.g group or nongroup status.  

That's true but the owner listed doesn't necessarily exist. There is actually quite a lot of land in Second Life "owned" by cancelled accounts or groups.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.