I built a house from scratch but can't sell because it's no transfer. Can't change permissions.

Khreme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I spent 2 days building a house from scratch and when I drag it to the outbox to list it on the marketplace, it turns out it's no transfer. On top of that, I can't change any of the permissions, which are set to copy only for the next owner, which is fine by me.

In my inventory, the house says no mod no trans, but I can still mod it. I think the no mod is due to a door script and isn't a big deal. I feel that the no transfer could be from the windows since the creator made them no trans despite them being full perm, but everything is linked and even when I unlink them, everything has the same permissions as the overall build, so even something as absurd as scrapping the windows wouldn't help.

This is all too much for me because it comes after enduring the many SL glitches during maintenance the past two days and some prank that made linked objects float away into space.

How can I get this house on the mp?

1 answer to this question

If you are building anything and not making every single component yourself, you always have to be sure to check the permissions on each thing you add to your build.  Anything that is less than full perm will change the permissions for your entire build.  That does not include a texture that is applied to faces of the build, but any object, notecard, script, texture, animation, sound, that is in your object's Contents counts, as does any prim, mesh, or sculpty object that you link to it.  Once you have put everything together, it is a REAL PAIN to check every single prim and find the one that's not full perm, but that's all you can do.

What's even worse is that if you have set the next owner perms to to something less than full perm, you cannot pass a copy to your alt or a friend and get it back again in its original state.  You'll get back a copy that is no mod or no copy, or your alt won't be able to give it back to you at all.  The lesson is to pay close attention to perms from the beginning and to make frequent backup copies.  It's a very hard lesson.  The only very small comfort I can offer is that there's NO builder anywhere in SL who hasn't screwed up perms --- over and over and over again.  You are not alone.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.