weird sound problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a "free" parcel that came with membership. Here is my weird problem:  When I go home I hear a song (the same song ) in japanese.  It usually plays once, then stops.   If I mute all sound I STILL HEAR IT.  I know it sounds crazy but I can't figure out where it's coming from,  When I leave the parcel it stops playing.  Help!  It's really annoying.

Freedom Rush wrote:

I have a "free" parcel that came with membership. Here is my weird problem:  When I go home I hear a song (the same song ) in japanese.  It usually plays once, then stops.   If I mute all sound I STILL HEAR IT.  I know it sounds crazy but I can't figure out where it's coming from,  When I leave the parcel it stops playing.  Help!  It's really annoying.

Try disabling media and music and see if that stops it. Process of elimination will help us figure out what is causing this.

If it only plays once, it may be tough to find. It might be played by a scripted item that you trigger by colliding with it, or maybe by just showing up.  You could try highlighting transparent objects in the parcel and going around systematically dragging selection rectangles and hoping to discover a hidden prim that's the culprit.  If you have sim manager perms, you can also look in the Top Scripts list for anything that looks out of the ordinary. Unless it's a very large prim, chances are good that it is close to wherever you hear it.  Sound from a prim doesn't travel far.

Freedom Rush wrote:

I will try that but why do I still hear when I turn all media off?  This is what is freaking me out.

That suggests that it's not a parcel media or prim media sound, but a scripted one.  Suspect something designed as a friendly greeting.  As suggested above, maybe a doormat.... ?

I have an update

The song is coming from a nearby parcel, not my own.  Someone has a youtube video looping, and I'm going to track down the parcel and ask the owner to restrict sound to his land.

I can't seem to keep nearby sounds from playing on my land, which is odd, but maybe he or she will cooperate by changing their settings.  Am I on the right track here?

update

I haven't found the culprit yet, but I like the idea of possibly being able to mute their device if asking nicely doesn't do the trick.  Now I just have to find them!  I think I'm beginning to hate the concept of receiving a "free" parcel with premium membership, there are other issues here that come with too many people occupying the same location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.