Sign in to follow this  
HarleyRainn

If we take more then say 4 minutes to upload a picture, we get logged off,why is this

Question

That's a long upload time.  Normally, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to upload a texture.  I don't know about bumblebees and blobs.  The various viewers are all based on the standard SL viewer code, so they all handle basic things like texture loading the same way.  Regardless of which viewer you use, then,  you might try disabling OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects on the hardware page in the Graphics tab in Preferences to see if that helps.  It's also possible that your quality slider is set too high, so try moving it to the left a notch.  And, of course, don't try uploading textures that are so huge that they will take a long time to upload (and be difficult for people to see in world).  :smileywink:

Edited for clarity. (I hope.)

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

That's a long upload time.  Normally, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to upload a texture.  I don't know about bumblebees and blobs.  The various viewers are all based on the standard SL viewer code, so they all handle basic things like texture loading the same way.  Regardless of which viewer you use, then,  you might try disabling OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects on the hardware page in the Graphics tab in Preferences to see if that helps.  It's also possible that your quality slider is set too high, so try moving it to the left a notch.  And, of course, don't try uploading textures that are so huge that they will take a long time to upload (and be difficult for people to see in world).  :smileywink:

Edited for clarity. (I hope.)

• Like 1

"Upload a picture."  From your word choice here I am not sure exactly what you are doing.  Are you trying to DOWNLOAD a photo that you have taken in SL to your computer's hard drive?  This should only take a few seconds.

Or are you trying to UPLOAD a texture from your computer TO Second Life?  This should also take only a few seconds, but also you have to be sure the texture is in the right format, and not too large.  Use .png, .jpg, or jpg2000 as your format.  The texture can be a maximum of 1024 x 1024 pixels.  You should also re-size the texture before you upload it so that its dimensions are a power of 2, such as 512 x 512 or 512 x 256.  If you don't do this, SL will do it for you, and the results won't be as good as you'll get if you do it yourself in your paint program.

• Like 1