Why am I getting consistent Kernel exceptions from my Nvidia Drivers?

Flea Habilis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Rhonda made good suggestions.

I suggest you get the free programs: Open Hardware Monitor, GPU-Z, and System Explorer. This will give you more information about what is happening with the computer.

Watch for temperatures exceeding safe levels and memory consumption.

The last two NVIDIA drivers have bugs that cause problems with my 560. You could try a beta version driver. Only the final version are pushed via NVIDIA's automatic update.

If the problem only occurs with SL, try a couple of different viewers. Alchemy and Cool VL are good choices to detecting if the problem is viewer related. I currently have more problems running Firestorm than I do the Linden or Alchemy viewers. Debugging should always include running one of the Linden Viewers.

Also, I find that HTML5 video can produce some of the same video inspired problems. If I run Google Chrome and a viewer, I am more likely to have a problem.

Don't assume that the problem can be fixed or that it is just a viewer issue. It may be both are true, but it may be neither is true. I believe there are currently problems with the NVIDIA drivers because they often reset or crash while I am running SL via FS and Linden. I can delay that by using System Explorer to clean system memory. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.