Halloween oopsies . . . . .

Conifer Dada

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It used to be in SL that clubs would add a few pumpkins and maybe the odd tombstone and some cobwebs and crooked iron railings as halloween decorations.  But this year I noticed that several clubs I go to had set up separate halloween themed venues, complete with things like mesh zombie children holding bloodstained teddybears and other even more gruesome things. Some of these clubs were busy round the clock up until the new venues appeared and now they're empty except maybe for one or two familiar bots.

So I'm wondering if these clubs overdid halloween this year and misjudjed the mood of their clientele, who voted with their feet!  I certainly found these themes off-putting, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

As one who has DJ'ed in SL for several years I can say that patrons come and go.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason why some days/times are busier than others.  It doesn't even necessarily have to do with the quality of staff on hand.  Perhaps some, like you, were put off by the displays you saw.  Who knows.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.