I'm permanently 3ft off the ground Cannot cancel it Ive tried reloading. Ideas?

harris300

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ive ended up withmy avatar floating about 3 ft off the ground. Ive cancelled hover and fly and tried everything and cannot correctr it. Ive gone back in and still thesame. Im stuck any ideas other than starting again? Im fairly new so

no expert but do think Ive tried most things.

6 answers to this question

There are now two places where you can adjust your default height above ground.  This is not the same as flying or hovering, even though the settings are called "hover" and you sure LOOK like you are hovering.  You can tell if you are really hovering by looking at the bottom of your SL window.  If you see a little button that says "stop flying", then you are actually hovering.  If you don't see that, you need to adjust your "hover height".

First adjustment.

Right click your avatar, select Appearance/Edit Shape.  In the Body sliders (the first group), scroll down to the last setting, called Hover Height.  Set this to 50, if it isn't already.  Save your shape.

Second adjustment.

Even with your shape's Hover Height at 50, you will sometimes find that your feet either sink into the floor, or they float a few inches above the floor.  This can change, depending on what shoes or mesh feet you wear.  Right click your avatar and select Appearance/Hover Height.  A single slider will appear on your screen.  Slide it until your feet just touch the floor.  This is a much finer and more controllable adjustment than the Hover slider in the Shape controls.

• Like 2

Hello to you I am very happy to be with you in this beautiful program This beautiful Second Life program I am very happy topic or dialogue or problem Telling  I found problems with bad people have no respect The expulsion of me and who would insult and deal with something bad I love music is the companion of my heart and I love dancing and I love hearing if the subject of cultural I found a lie and deceive the people by the evil Arabs either places in the second Life is a prison People use them as if they were slaves, and I do not like to be his servant to me one accustomed to freedom I loved the way Second Life design and beautiful places I make no filming video clips on YouTube you can type scenes adventures Sencha They also found people who loved them very much respected I want you to help the problems of the people there are types of people using bad programs subvert each computer setups I ask you the security and protection of these evil people I was looking for you for the administration to speak with you and tell you about evil people Thank you listen to me I was Sencha love you so much I am a woman a good heart I love music so much love adventures and read my thoughts and teach useful things

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3070 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.