***** TRUMP *****

DejaHo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mr Trump wont be the Republican Party candidate in the RL, so it dont matter much

he probably have a better chance of winning a nomination by running as a candidate for SL President

(:

+

eta ibtl (:

Hilary Clinton will will win the Democratic Party nomination and then also be the next President of the US

the only thing that will prevent this is if Ms Clinton gets arrested if something comes out of the FBI investigation into the contents of her email server. But will have to be something that provably broke a law

if this did happen then is all over for her. And Joe Biden will be asked to be the ABB (anybody but bernie) candidate> And Mr Biden will win the nomination

and then

the only Republican capable of beating Mr Biden is Marco Rubio. Mr Rubio could win this race by contrast

He wont beat Ms Clinton tho. No republican can. She can only lose it herself this time

DejaHo wrote:

You mean like he is moderated on CNBC? 

Wow.

Well, no. Your OP regarded this forum's reaction.  I cannot speak for the softball questions CNBC asked of all the candidates.  (e.g, 'What is your biggest weakness?')  Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

The alternative reaction here would be 'awestruck' at his celebrity (yawn).  There are starf**kers everywhere.

DejaHo wrote:

The Donald.

Politically incorrect and unapologetic for being so.

I wonder how this forum would moderate him?

I think many would cringe at his presence.

A few would revel at the chance to engage in discourse with him.

Some would get their rocks off in being able to RIC him,  

If anything, in reality, I think if he came to this forum he'd just blast us for wasting time in SL.

To me, Trump is just a politically correct version of The Nuge.  With maybe a little more brain.

Personally I am not thrilled with any of the candidates.  In fact I find myself discouraged by what we are being offered.  But I also feel that one of my most important duties as a citizen is to not trust politicians.  So that probably taints my thinking a lot.

Provided that the hundreds of thousands of "Syrian" refugees don;t turn out to be more than 10-15% ISIS and start a major civil war withing the US and Uncle Barry doesn't declare Marshal Law ans suspend the elections:

The -3%er no chance

Fiorina will go

Bush will go

Trump will go and 85% of his supporters will go to Cruz

Carson will go and 60-70% of his supporters will go to Cruz

Cruz and Rubio head to head in debates, Rubio loses.

Cruz grudgingly gets nomination.

Hillary get's indicted but fix in in and DOJ won;t take it to trail.  Career FBI investigators get pissed and leak all the evidence.  DNC forced to turn to Biden.  Biden and Sanders a toss up for the whackadoodle primary voters.  

Sanders squeaks by and the DNC are left with no choice

Head to head debate between Sanders and Cruz. Cruz kills him and Sanders sounds just like what he is, a far left crack pot that should be in a loony bin on thorazine.

Sanders scares the hell out of the Republican and independent voters and they turn out en-masse.

Cruz is next president

FYI:

I am a PhD Candidate in Political Science and an Associate Professor of Political Science at an Eastern US College. Which has a very well known political think tank for which I work as an analyist. Both of which shall remain un-named.

Be happy to provide further updates as the situation warrants it

Lori Paramour wrote:

Provided that the hundreds of thousands of "Syrian" refugees don;t turn out to be more than 10-15% ISIS and start a major civil war withing the US and Uncle Barry doesn't declare Marshal Law ans suspend the elections:

The -3%er no chance

Fiorina will go

Bush will go

Trump will go and 85% of his supporters will go to Cruz

Carson will go and 60-70% of his supporters will go to Cruz

Cruz and Rubio head to head in debates, Rubio loses.

Cruz grudgingly gets nomination.

Hillary get's indicted but fix in in and DOJ won;t take it to trail.  Career FBI investigators get pissed and leak all the evidence.  DNC forced to turn to Biden.  Biden and Sanders a toss up for the whackadoodle primary voters.  

Head to head debate between Sanders and Cruz. Cruz kills him and Sanders sounds just like what he is, a far left crack pot that should be in a loony bin on thorazine.

Sanders scares the hell out of the Republican and independent voters and they turn out en-masse.

Cruz is next president

FYI:

I am a PhD Candidate in Political Science and an Associate Professor of Political Science at an Eastern US College. Which has a very well known political think tank for which I work as an analyist. Both of which shall remain un-named.

Be happy to provide further updates as the situation warrants it

You must have a fascinating second life considering how very fanciful is your imagination.

...Dres

Lori Paramour wrote:

probably whats not always understood in the RL (as opposed to the election of SL President) is that Bernie Sanders is not actually a Democratic Senator. He is a Independent Senator

being a leftie he caucuses with the Democratic Party, but he is not a democrat in the party sense

bc of this, Mr Sanders has as much chance of becoming the Democratic Party candidate for US President as Mr Lessig has. Zero

basically in candidate selections, you cant have your cake and eat it to. Like to be a Senator I have to be a Democrat ?! pfft! I dont need no Democratic Party. I can do that by my ownself

but like to be President I have to be a Democrat ?! pfft!

oh wait !! Ok !! I can be a Democrat for that. Absolutely !!!!. Cake !! cake !! (:

(is a thing should go in here about super-delegates which Hilary Clinton has pretty much already locked up)

+

if Ms Clinton (bc FBI) is not the candidate then it will be Joe Biden. And Mr Biden's Vice President will be Elizabeth Warren

+

ps

my quals are that I am formerly a member of the SL Fake Doctors Association. My speciality was prescribing fake treatments to fake patients with fake symptons

i had like a 100% success rate. Like sometimes a person came back and said: Is not working the treatment plan. And I have to tell them that they just need to fake it. Like fake that is working and they be fine. So they done that and was all good after that  (:

Dresden wrote:

I thought Trump already was here... perhaps because he just seems to be everywhere lately.

...Dres

If nothing else I get a huge belly laugh when I listen to him.  He is a (native) New Yorker - speaks like one, acts like one - is of the same mind.  Politically incorrect and loving every minute of it.  I find him refreshing.   

irihapeti wrote:

Lori Paramour wrote:

probably whats not always understood in the RL (as opposed to the election of SL President) is that Bernie Sanders is not actually a Democratic Senator. He is a Independent Senator

being a leftie he caucuses with the Democratic Party, but he is not a democrat in the party sense

bc of this, Mr Sanders has as much chance of becoming the Democratic Party candidate for US President as Mr Lessig has. Zero

basically in candidate selections, you cant have your cake and eat it to. Like to be a Senator I have to be a Democrat ?! pfft! I dont need no Democratic Party. I can do that by my ownself

but like to be President I have to be a Democrat ?! pfft!

oh wait !! Ok !! I can be a Democrat for that. Absolutely !!!!. Cake !! cake !! (:

(is a thing should go in here about super-delegates which Hilary Clinton has pretty much already locked up)

+

if Ms Clinton (bc FBI) is not the candidate then it will be Joe Biden. And Mr Biden's Vice President will be Elizabeth Warren

+

ps

my quals are that I am formerly a member of the SL Fake Doctors Association. My speciality was prescribing fake treatments to fake patients with fake symptons

i had like a 100% success rate. Like sometimes a person came back and said: Is not working the treatment plan. And I have to tell them that they just need to fake it. Like fake that is working and they be fine. So they done that and was all good after that  (:

Consider yourself  trumped Loi.  I like this doctors qualifications. 

• 11 months later...

I have to say that, as far as I can see, the Americans have the worst choice of main party Presidential candidates there has ever been. I can't imagine what possessed the Republicans to choose Donald Trump as their candidate, or the Democrats to choose Hilary Clinton, who even here in the UK, is known as a blatant liar. I imagine that alternative candidates will do well this time, but you American voters have my sympathy, because you don't have any good choices.

That's nice of them. And I agree with them. There is much greatness in and about the U.S, as there is in many countries - politicians often excluded. It's just that, with the eyes of an outsider, I'd hate to have to choose between those two candidates to run my country. I couldn't bring myself to vote for either of them. I would definitely abstain.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I have to say that, as far as I can see, the Americans have the worst choice of main party Presidential candidates there has ever been. I can't imagine what possessed the Republicans to choose Donald Trump as their candidate, or the Democrats to choose Hilary Clinton, who even here in the UK, is known as a blatant liar. I imagine that alternative candidates will do well this time, but you American voters have my sympathy, because you don't have any good choices.

Well, if Hillary's biggest downside were lying, she'd be an exemplary candidate: she actually lies slightly less than Bernie did on the stump, and just no comparison with Trump whose every utterance is suspect. It's not lying, per se, that's her big problem, but rather a hard-earned compulsion to hide anything that could be misinterpreted as scandalous (by the "great right-wing conspiracy" for example), and this leads to a well-founded perception that she's deceitful.

Trump is just an embarrassing goof -- he was a punchline in New York City for decades, and it's been amazing to New Yorkers to watch him dupe the rubes so utterly. How could the fools out in the provinces possibly be dumb enough not to see him for what he is? Of course, many do, and are on-board with it: they totally know he's just reciting the phony "politically incorrect" BS his handlers crib from InfoWars and Breitbart, but as long as it stirs up the wrestling fans, it's all good.

Back to Hillary's "deceit", this latest email kerfuffle is a great example. Whatever possessed FBI's Comey to send that letter to Senate committee chairs, the Clinton camp justifiably feels they've been unfairly treated. The more we learn about Abedin's old emails on Weiner's laptop, the less significant it appears, and how any of it relates to Hillary's stupid server is now unclear. (Most likely, it seems the FBI was checking if maybe some classified emails leaked through State's own servers because their IT department was too inept to set up usable printers.) To the Clinton camp, it really seems as if Comey would have used any random emails from anywhere to stage an "October surprise" in service of his old GOP masters. (Note: "as if" because I don't think that's quite what happened here, the suspicious timing notwithstanding. I think rather Comey is just a hypervigilant bureaucrat, but that's a whole other tangent.)

But I can guarantee that whatever Hillary does or says in response will be perceived as deceitful. Whatever could possibly satisfy her critics that she was being "open" about this? Maybe a complete false confession? Nah, not even that.

We get brief clips of the candidates' debates over here, and I did see Trump saying that Hilary is a liar, but that's not what persuaded me. It's reasonably safe to say that all politicians are liars, or at least are economical with the truth, but that's not it either. A few years ago I saw a clip from a U.S. TV programme in which Hilary was being interviewed. I think it was during her last campaign for the Presidency. In the interview she said that, in the course of being Foreign Secretary(?), she once had to keep low and run to the building to avoid the bullets when she got off the plane in a particular country. I think she was making out how experienced she is in top level politics. Then the programme showed what actually happened when she landed there. Nothing. She was greeted off the plane by a group of people as normal. There was no shooting or anything like that. It's that sort of blatant lying that I mean.

That's the sort of person who I'd never vote for, but if I were forced to vote between her and Trump, I'd actually vote for her - under duress - because the view I have from over here, Trump is just a joke - and could actually be dangerous.

Over here, we recently ran the risk of having someone similar to Trump running the country. It was Boris Johnson. Unlike Trump, he's a very likeable person, and he's probably very smart. But he comes across as a buffoon - I actually think he likes being thought of like that. I wouldn't want him running the country. He ended up as Foreign Secretary, and he may eventually reach the top.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.