SL Viewers "Flicker" black & Not Responding, and SL Icon "jumps" across the taskbar???

FineChinaBugatti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This just started about 2 days ago.  I use the latest release of Firestorm.  

What happens is, I log in, and the whole viewer starts flickering black screen, then normal...repeatedly.  And at the top when it goes black it says Not Responding.  Then back to normal.  Like every 2 seconds or so it does this.  Also, What I have observed is the SL icon on the taskbar on Windows 8.1, continually jumps across the taskbar.  Has anyone else experienced this?  And if so...how do I fix it??  

Here is what I've done so far:

Clean install, tried a different viewer, did a Refresh on my PC, updated all the windows updates, and graphic card update.  Re-installed Firestorm, and Singularity...both still do this.  Am I going to have to completely re-install windows??  I need some advice please.  This is a new Laptop I've had since March, and it runs SL GREAT.  No problems til now.  Please help!

Idk what info you need about my PC but here is what I have

Acer Aspire V 15 V3-572G-51DR

Intel Core i5-5200U

NVIDIA GeForce 840M with 2GB dedicated VRAM

8GB DDR3 L Memory

500 GB HDD

Thank you.

Here is a couple of things that you could try:

Open your power management settings (search for power and select Change Power Saving Settings) Click on the Change plan settings link next to the selected plan and then click on the Change advanced power settings link. Click on Hard disk and then Turn off hard disk after. Then set it to never.

If that doesn't help look at what else is using up resources on your pc. With the viewer running open Task Manager (Shift + Ctrl + Esc). Click on the CPU column to order it with the heaviest usage at the top. Your viewer will probably be near the top but what else do you see there? Is something hogging your CPU?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3093 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.