a mesh issue

LuminousElf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And there's the problem with mesh bodies in a nutshell.

If the creator doesn't make available a suitable creator kit around which creators can model clothing and weighting, you won't get items made for them.

Maitreya has only about 30 creators who have been given the kit, TMP seem to have disappeared... Slink are still issuing kits.

You should have done some research before choosing to buy into one of these limit in offering, closed creation systems.

start reading manuals... you will find it!

It is NO issue, you just don't use the alpha hud.

Jomo has not the best adjustable mesh body and alpha... look here for some other reviews

http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-reviews/mens-bodies/

@ Sassy: designers for male TMP have to sign up by the website http://www.themeshproject.org/application/

Sassy Romano wrote:

You should have done some research before choosing to buy into one of these limit in offering, closed creation systems.

Note that they are all closed creation systems, it's just that some are closed extra tight.

There is simply no excuse for any of these things to be sold no-mod, nor without everything any creator could want. At least SLINK distributes enough to add one's own tattoos, etc., which is a major advance over the ridiculously overpriced, gimped garbage from TMP, but still: to what viral superstition have they all fallen victim, to keep selling no-mod avatars?

I mean, because they're no-mod, we can't even rename copies to help sort them into different outfits, etc.

Why do they hate their customers so very much?

Sassy Romano wrote:

Alwin, I've already applied for TMP, Slink and Maitreya, hence I speak from experience. Only Slink responded.

You don't really need a developer kit for Maitreya anyway, it works just perfectly well with Omega and has no need for special appliers. Slink is Omega compatible too now. At least their hands and feet are, not sure about the body.

Sassy Romano wrote:

And there's the problem with mesh bodies in a nutshell.

If the creator doesn't make available a suitable creator kit around which creators can model clothing and weighting, you won't get items made for them.

Maitreya has only about 30 creators who have been given the kit, TMP seem to have disappeared... Slink are still issuing kits.

yeah, I do not understand why Maitreya is so tight with the dev kits. Sold over $L200, 000 to maitreya users, but I am stuck with trial and error. I do have a TMP kit, but they are far too much trouble to bother with. Thank god for Omega, else I would abandon the whole mesh thing. Yeah, the avatars are a bit nicer, but so much easier to outfit a standard SL avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2651 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.